Thread: Deleted Knock Sensors in blown LS1

Deleted Knock Sensors in blown LS1

2005 Monaro 5.7 with Harrop Blower. If one removes the knock sensors and harness from the engine, which points in HPT need to be addressed so it wont throw any codes at all. Is it only PO327 & PO332 or would there be others as well.

PO Code.jpg
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

2007 Holden Rodeo 6.0 litre conversion with 4L65E transmission.

Why stop there, delete the PCM too and run the injectors off a toggle switch.

Could I move that switch fast enough...lol No, I'm saying the knock sensors were removed when blower was fitted and tuned professionally about 12-13 years ago. I have only recently discovered this when I removed blower for servicing, I have fitted new sensors and harness and addressed these 2 points (PO327 & PO332) but have seen no KR in a couple of limited 'on street' scans, I was expecting to see some at least and wondering if there is anywhere else that they may have been turned off, so I dont just assume they are working if they are not. Next step could be add a bit of timing in a couple of cells and see if it reacts there with KR.
    2005 VZ Monaro 5.7, Harrop HH112, water injection, LT Headers, Flowmaster mufflers, 3.73 truetrac Harrop rear.

Senior Tuner
    Check the MAX retard tables too to see if they have been zeroed out. compare with a known stock file.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thank you for a sensible response.. I have a supposed stock file, but I am not certain it is really stock as a couple of the compare tables (mine to it) dont make sense to me. Anyway, in the retard tables most of the differences show that mine have been reduced by about half of the "stock" file. (shown with red dots). I dont see why they would reduce these by half if they have removed the knock sensors . But I can return these to the stock numbers as you advise.

Attachment 133280

The other difference is the " Minimum Spark Advance" which is described below in HPT as Maximum Knock Retard vs. RPM (in Power Enrich) ... the stock tune seems to be zero'd out , whereas mine shows numbers. What would be your advice/comment on these differences.

Attachment 133281 Attachment 133282

Senior Tuner
    All of your attachments return back "invalid" can't see what your looking at.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

OK lets try again, First pic is the differences in spark retard between mine and supposed stock file, and as mine were halved I can add back to those to approximate the stock file.
    Monaro differences (spark retard).jpg

The next 2 pics are where I am confused , (minimum spark advance or max spark retard limit ) the stock file shows mostly zero's and mine shows some numbers, what's your thoughts here would I replicate the zero's in the stock file ? Seems the stock file is saying that the maximum spark retard will be zero.
    Attachment 133332Attachment 133333

Yes I realise they didnt work either.
    how about these ?

MNRO mine.jpgMNRO stock.jpg

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ909 View Post
    OK lets try again, First pic is the differences in spark retard between mine and supposed stock file, and as mine were halved I can add back to those to approximate the stock file.
    Monaro differences (spark retard).jpg

The next 2 pics are where I am confused , (minimum spark advance or max spark retard limit ) the stock file shows mostly zero's and mine shows some numbers, what's your thoughts here would I replicate the zero's in the stock file ? Seems the stock file is saying that the maximum spark retard will be zero.
    Attachment 133332Attachment 133333

I'd put it all back to stock other than the burst knock. Burst knock is just an automatic timing pull when the throttle/load changes really fast. It isn't real knock but it makes logging difficult cause it shows like real knock.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com