Thread: 5.7 deka 60 data

Tuner in Training

5.7 deka 60 data

After multiple mental breakdowns, spread sheets and maths, I have a file that seems to work for me.

Now, I know this isn't "correct" to what IFR and offsets should be for returnless on GM fuel pressure, but I have a car that starts easily with a nice idle, is good in traffic and @ WOT.

Deka 60s
    63lbs @ 3Bar

Gen3 alloy 5.7 -stock
    Standard Holden return-less fuel system @ 58psi
    4 into 1, 1 3/4" headers with a full 3"
    M6
    big miles
    fast lsxr 102mm
    NW 102mm TB - DBC
    Mafless CAI, taking air from over the RAD
    (IAT installed in here, I feel its worth noting as it seems to swing the lambda about more so than the airbox installs or when part of the maf. The ECT vs IAT bias table did make some difference, but as i have another few cold months i'll probably just gonna put it back into STFT OL and see how the NBs manage.)
    eventually ill try one of the RIFE sensors as it warms up.
    still a bit of work to do cleaning up lean tip in transients but with the big intake and TB, I'm not sure how much better it will get.

anyways, hopefully this helps someone out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for offering your help, but the actual Deka 60 data is available. Maybe give it a shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    i hope this isnt a double up in replying..

thanks for the data.
    i did try all those sheets and alot of files with corrected data for 4 BAR.

i found every time i tried to adjust the VE table to suit, especially in the low MAP areas, id go overly rich.
    looked to me as if one of the adder tables came into play as i tried to command lower duty cycle.
    flashed over and and over dropping them all to try and get it to stay stoic but no bingo.
    so i flashed back to the data in the file i posted and it worked straight away. i just put it down to 60's were a tad to big for a stock 5.7.

ill try what youve posted again and see.
    now thinking about it, i wonder if i can meddle with the IAC and idle spark to try bring it into line.
    id obviously like to have it all correct, i just cant see what ive overlooked.
    anything else you think i should tweak?

Senior Tuner
    Did you happen to lower min fuel milligrams under the transients tab?

Also, lower idle O2 switchpoints to something like 380mV.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-13-2023 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Thanks for offering your help, but the actual Deka 60 data is available. Maybe give it a shot.
    For the 937th time, FORD offsets are not the same as GM offsets. You cannot use that data as-is in a GM vehicle. Get the right data in GM format first, then fix your airflow model.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    For the 937th time, FORD offsets are not the same as GM offsets. You cannot use that data as-is in a GM vehicle. Get the right data in GM format first, then fix your airflow model.
    This makes me feel alot better about bastardizing a standard file into working with *1.1 and then winging the VE

Tuner in Training
    Yeah had dropped that to like 0.019 I think from memory. O2s I haven't touched.

Put it into CL today just on STFT with the values I have and it was more or less all within 2% either way

Senior Tuner
    I already know that. Same goes for Holley (injector off-time offset instead of on-time) and other aftermarket suppliers.

Are you saying Steck's equations in the conversion spreadsheet are incorrect? He understood the difference in offset definitions between the two manufacturers that when he wrote it.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...on-spreadsheet

You didn't have any complaints then. Ur quote:
    Marcin, you tried that back in 2009 when I released my data, remember? Anyone who's handy at math is more than welcome to build their own conversion tool if you don't like what you get from either Dave or me.

Dave, I completely empathize on the whole "aw man, you gotta just give it to us" thing. I understand what kind of time goes into getting this right too. My time is not without value either. Don't feel bad about not giving in.

Everyone else, I'm not the least bit offended that Dave released this. Congrats to him for making a useful tool, and anyone who uses owes him one if it works for them. Remember that plugging in raw injector data is only one of the preliminary steps to putting together a good vehicle calibration. It's a critical step though, and those who skip it almost always end up having unexplained issues later when they try to do things like "fix driveability".
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-13-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    sorry to re hash this,
    but it did just dawn on me as ive been playing around between OS's for flex fuel.
    what OS have you had success on with that data?
    i was bouncing between the Holden P01 OS and the US truck OS with the same data and the truck OS sent the idle to complete shit.
    it actually ran better with stock values and the 102mm TB and lsxr compared to what i had dialed in with the Holden file.
    i also noticed my inj% was actually dropping down to .8-.9.
    Holden OS it was 1.3-1.5 at its lowest
    more or less identical scaling and tables in the parts that matter.
    i cheated and cleaned it up by jacking up the adaptive idle air quantities.

but yeah, interested to know or hear why such a change. im guessing tables written into the file i cant see?