Thread: '14 cruze 1.8 luw 2000-4000rpm lag

Tuner in Training

'14 cruze 1.8 luw 2000-4000rpm lag

I noticed these cars seem to lack power from 2000-4000rpm. Could the VCP Spark table be the culprit? I have the usual nanny stuff disabled.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 172704.png

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the VCP spark table seem redundant? The axes are the same as the octane tables so couldn't all spark changes be made in the high octane table? Could do a few pulls and see how fast the speedometer/tachometer increase (rate of change) and then zero this table and do a few more pulls and compare, see if you're accelerating any faster. I'm currently tuning a 2015 Camaro V6 and have the VCP spark table zero'd (my original tuner, Overkill, did this as well).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the VCP spark table seem redundant? The axes are the same as the octane tables so couldn't all spark changes be made in the high octane table? Could do a few pulls and see how fast the speedometer/tachometer increase (rate of change) and then zero this table and do a few more pulls and compare, see if you're accelerating any faster. I'm currently tuning a 2015 Camaro V6 and have the VCP spark table zero'd (my original tuner, Overkill, did this as well).
    I zeroed out the negaitve values and left the few positive ones alone. I can feel a difference.

I like your username btw im also an offspring fan.