Thread: 07 gt500 idle hang after injector upgrade

Tuner in Training

07 gt500 idle hang after injector upgrade

I installed FIC 775cc injectors and entered the data they provided. Car starts and runs but the idle hangs if revved up sitting stationary and if you drive it the hang is worse. I tried changing idle airflow, all dashpot settings, integral and derivative, spark cold and emissions adders. At one point I had all the dashpot settings zeroed and all the idle airflow zeroed. Still did not change much but will go into limp mode. The tune I included is on the car but I need to put the integral and derivative back to zero still. The log is just idle and moving it around in the driveway to see if it was still doing it. Another thing that this car has always done is at the beginning of the log you will see the STFT bank 1 go to 25% for a couple seconds then reads normal. It does that every startup for as long as I have owned it. Always thought it was odd if anyone has any input on that. Any idea's appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gearhead927; 06-10-2023 at 10:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    After taking a closer look at the injector data FIC sent me I think I found a problem, not sure its a big deal or would cause my issue but Ill be calling them monday to find out. I think all the multipliers should break on the 40 PSI data point @ 1.00 like all the other injectors I have seen and their data doesnt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Use the data from their website. They have good injector data.

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/image..._RAILTEMP.xlsx

Tuner in Training
    I totally agree, they have great data I have purchased several times before. In this case though their website data is not scaled right to what is available in hptuners. I emailed them and they sent me the file I shared above which is scaled closer but the 1.0 multiplier isnt at our normal running pressure of 40 psi. I have always seen it if your fuel pressure is 58 psi it would be 1.0 at that pressure then scale up and down from there. Am I missing something here?

Advanced Tuner
    You just have to rescale the tables. The data is good, the fuel pressure is inferred so the multipliers take care of everything.

07 gt500 on car - FIC775.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I have no idea how you did that but I thank you very much. Guess I have some research to do.

Tuner in Training
    I never could figure out how you did that, would you mind giving me a how to? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    figured it out!!

Advanced Tuner
    Good I wasn't sure if you done that or not.

Click on the axis to rescale. Most axis can be edited and some can not.