Thread: swap going into 1951 truck

Potential Tuner

swap going into 1951 truck

hello all, i have a 1951 chevy truck i am building into a fun hot rod, i have a 5.3 out of a 2002 Silverado. i bought a harness and tuned pcm from a fella that is on the other side of this rock so shipping can be a pain. here is where i sit now. (all readings taken from the ports at the pcm)i have a signal coming from both the crank and the cam. i do not have a signal going out to the coils. i have a 2/0 ground going from the battery to chassis, battery to block, battery to body. the ground from the harness is going to the driver side head location. so i believe i have good grounds. the pcm was tuned for my cam upgrade (BTR truck Norris). the program has added air around idle, added timing around idle. and idle rpm added at idle. I have constant power during cranking. i have a good power and grounds at the coils. so basically, I have everything required but the signal. the guy I bought it from is a absolutely stand-up guy who has done 100s of these, so he knows what he is doing. I actually sent it back to him at one point and he installed the PCM in his personal truck and i started right up and ran fine. i am out of ideas as to what could be the problem.

motor specs
    lm7-5.3 stock block
    Sheetmetal intake
    stock heads
    stock crank
    BTR truck Norris cam
    92mm drive by cable throttle body

Advanced Tuner
    Post you tune. it doesnt sound tune related but i can take a look anyways.