Thread: Transmission shop says TCC is "turned off" in tune.

Tuner

Transmission shop says TCC is "turned off" in tune.

A friend of mine says he had some shift problems in his 4L60 so he took it to a local Transmission shop. The trans guy told him that the TCC may be turned off in the tune. I've looked around in other gen 3 tunes and can't find anywhere to turn it "off" or "on". Am I missing something?

First you need to post your tune. Then we can see what was changed that would remove TCC lockup. Eazy Peezy.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    First you need to post your tune. Then we can see what was changed that would remove TCC lockup. Eazy Peezy.
    I think I have his stuff saved. I'll post it tomorrow if I find it. If not, I'll grab it from his truck this weekend.

There doesn't have to be a discrete 'on/off' toggle for it to be disabled. There are speed, throttle, and temperature settings that control when TCC is active.

And come on, look at this post from the point of view of somebody who isn't you. 'My friend's 4L60' does not help much. You posted in the Gen3 section so it's probably safe to guess it's really a Gen3 (but people get that wrong pretty often), but no year, no model, no PCM type, and if you neglect to tell us those things, and also don't post a file so that stuff can be looked up if you fail to mention it, NOBODY KNOWS how to give you solid answers.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There doesn't have to be a discrete 'on/off' toggle for it to be disabled. There are speed, throttle, and temperature settings that control when TCC is active.

And come on, look at this post from the point of view of somebody who isn't you. 'My friend's 4L60' does not help much. You posted in the Gen3 section so it's probably safe to guess it's really a Gen3 (but people get that wrong pretty often), but no year, no model, no PCM type, and if you neglect to tell us those things, and also don't post a file so that stuff can be looked up if you fail to mention it, NOBODY KNOWS how to give you solid answers.
    Duly noted. I'll get all the info this weekend. I was just trying to figure out if the trans guy was just kicking the can, or if there actually was a way to turn it on and off.

There are multiple ways to make TCC not engage, but it depends on the platform/tune file what specifically gets changed, and whether it's set up to never engage at all or just has things changed enough that it's not engaging when somebody is expecting it to.