Thread: 2006 6.0 T56 with TSP Torquer V2 cam bucks alot below 2000rpm

Tuner

2006 6.0 T56 with TSP Torquer V2 cam bucks alot below 2000rpm

I have a 63 Nova HT with a 2006 6.0 that has TSP ported 799 heads, an older Fast 80mm intake, 43lb injectors and a TSP Torquer V2 cam that has 232/234 duration, 112 LS and .600 lift. I am pleased with the power this combo makes but I can not drive it below 2000rpm in lower gears because it bucks/surges so bad. The TSP web site says that it may have some bucking/srging but can easily be daily driven. So I think I have something wrong in my tune. Could someone look at my set to see if they see anything? Thanks

1963 Nova Added timing .24 to 1600rpm & above 5-15-23a.hptNova Scan take off 5-15-23b.hpl

Senior Tuner
    That cam will drive pretty mild below 2000.. like maybe some fish bite feeling at very low load but nothing crazy.

Can you get the wideband working for the log?

Since this is a manual a 2001 F body would have been a better starting spot on the tune but that shouldn't stop this from turning out ok.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Well looks like it is pretty lean according to the WB. What I don't understand is why there is such a discrepancy between the WB and the NB O2's. The right bank NB O2 is only about 5in from the WB O2. So should I tune this area with the WB. But if I do that won't the computer be trying to pull the fuel back out?

Nova scan take off 5-16-23.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Does the gauge match what is being shown in HPtuners? There could be ground/scalar offsets. I video both at the same time and compare.. back when I had to deal with that crap anyway.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Does the gauge match what is being shown in HPtuners? There could be ground/scalar offsets. I video both at the same time and compare.. back when I had to deal with that crap anyway.
    I'll try that tomorrow but I did glance at the gauge a couple times and it was showing lean. It is a Autometer WB that I bought to match my other gauges.

I am curious to the reason for this. My setup has cam surge/buck at low rpm also.

It has gotten better tuning the ve or I've gotten better at driving around it.

Tuner
    Well I got the wideband O2 sensor setup right now. I took a couple pictures of the gauge/scanner readout together and the scanner read out is very close to the gauge. So I posted my scan from today. The wideband is showing lean when I rev it up with no load which I don't understand but it looks like the afr isn't to bad when I'm in the area where it is bucking. One thing to note is I do not have the VSS hooked up to the PCM, if that makes any difference. So if anyone can help me with the bucking thanks. Also it is in SD mode with the MAF failed.

Nova take off tune 5-24-23a.hpl

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Well I still was not trusting my Autometer wideband, so I took a bunch of pictures of the gauge and scanner together and I found that the gauge was reading from right on to ,45afr richer than what my scanner was reading. Should the difference between the two be bouncing around that much? Do I have a bad output on my WB gauge or is this normal?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gnnova View Post
    Well I still was not trusting my Autometer wideband, so I took a bunch of pictures of the gauge and scanner together and I found that the gauge was reading from right on to ,45afr richer than what my scanner was reading. Should the difference between the two be bouncing around that much? Do I have a bad output on my WB gauge or is this normal?
    This is a ground offset issue.

The way I would get around this back when I had to use these type of widebands is record raw voltage from the wideband and the wideband gauge face.. Then I would force the car to go as rich as I could to as lean as I could.. I would video both the gauge and reported voltage though hptuners and then back out my own y = mx + b There are online calculators for this if you need.

I had to do this for every car I tuned. It sucked.

If you need to use a 0-5V wideband for this car I have found the AEM ones to be far more robust on the analog out side.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Tuner
    Thanks Alvin for the help on the gauge. I've got that now. Now back to my original issue with the bucking. Could the lean issue that it is showing off idle be the problem with it bucking?