Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calculate Engine TQ --> Calculated Engine HP = Results

Senior Tuner
    You need to log Delivered Engine Torque (found under Engine - Torque Management section of the scanner PIDs) and Engine Speed (RPMs) for that custom PID to work. These need to be in the table display portion of the scanner.

Also, a cfg file is a configuration file that you need to open via the scanner ... double clicking it will not work. An hpl file is a log file, this can be opened just like any saved (data) log file. And finally the txt file should be openable through Notepad.

This is what is in the txt file I posted:

Converter Efficiency
    ([PID.4110]/[PID.12])*100

Calculated Engine HP
    ([PID.2701]*[PID.12])/5252

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I think I realized my mistake with the PID.

I also realized that my download accelerator was screwing up the file dl's. If I right click and save as they work normally. Thanks.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    You need to log Delivered Engine Torque (found under Engine - Torque Management section of the scanner PIDs) and Engine Speed (RPMs) for that custom PID to work. These need to be in the table display portion of the scanner.

Also, a cfg file is a configuration file that you need to open via the scanner ... double clicking it will not work. An hpl file is a log file, this can be opened just like any saved (data) log file. And finally the txt file should be openable through Notepad.

This is what is in the txt file I posted:

Converter Efficiency
    ([PID.4110]/[PID.12])*100

Calculated Engine HP
    ([PID.2701]*[PID.12])/5252

trying to figure this one out, under the pids for engine>torque management i only have calculated load and absolute load. will either of those 2 work?
    on the other hand we also have a pid under transmission>traction control>torque percentage, i may give that a try.
    Last edited by jimbos'ss; 07-30-2008 at 06:14 AM.
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

my login name looks good in the title
    Chevrolet LS1 Camaro 1999 M6

My FQuick

Tuner in Training
    When I open the histogram it says unsupported parameter in the Plot Value PID spot, so I figure that's where I put the Calculated Engine HP ([PID.2701]*[PID.12])/5252 right? Or do I need to have converter efficiency factored in there?

The reason I ask is, I have a torquer V3 cam and most bolt ons and in 3rd gear revving all the way to 7000 rpms I only make 245 horsepower according to that formula. I really hope that I'm making more than that. heh. Now, thats with the converter unlocked, but that's usually only a 10-25 hp difference, not 100-150. Any idea what's going wrong here?
    Last edited by gatsby; 08-29-2010 at 09:07 PM.

FYI... old news...
    but lots of things will change how that calculated torque is calculated... especially any spark changes...

proven to not be useful for that reason

not a useful tuning tool...I can change a few values and make it read way high or way low...

locking this thread so that we dont pass around bad info
    -Scott -