Thread: Ford 2012 ECU "PATS" problem

Potential Tuner

Ford 2012 ECU "PATS" problem

Hey guys

I have a 2012 Ford 3.7 with ECU from a mustang that I am attempting to use in my open wheel mountain race car. We have wired the motor and various sensors to the ECU. We "I" thought when I pulled the tune from the Mustang prior to pulling out of the car that I could simply disable the PATS. I am pretty sure I was wrong. We have wired starter and ignition to toggle and push button and fuel pump to a switch. Of course we cut the crap out of the harness and do not have any body control module availability. I can scan and write entire tunes back and forth from the PCM but it will not start. We have confirmed that it is not getting any SPARK. I assume that something in the more than the TUNE needs to be done to bypass the PATS immobilizer stuff. ALSO to note I have not got to wiring in the electronic foot pedal. I was told by a Ford tech that it would still start and idle? I do question that, however when we try and crank the car and I am watching live scan data it does show a throttle position at 9% and spark at 14% with 190 RPM.

Does or has anyone done this.. I didn't think it would be that problematic.

PATS needs to be disablem in eeprom

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply Would clearing KAM do the trick I did see a option in the VCM scanner special function to clear the KAM?

No, you need other tools to access eeprom. HPT wont do that.

What ECM is it?

I have done a few of them for coyote swap guys but I don't know if that would be the same method on that ECM. I would have to check and see.