Thread: LM1 and HPT issues..

Advanced Tuner

LM1 and HPT issues..

got my LM1 connected and im trying to figure this out. My LM1 is showing 20.9. I had the red wire connected to pin 1 of my eio and was only getting 10.x for my afr. i plugged in the white on and ive gotten close. Using the default PID for the LM1 hpt is showing 19.7x for free air and my LM1 unit is showing 20.9. Do i create a custom pid or is that what its supposed to be? LM1 analog 2 is set to the following:
    bosch lsu4.2
    14.7 gasoline
    0v=10
    5v=20(4.996v=19.99)

Advanced Tuner
    no one has come across this issue with the LM1? Im curious why the default PIDs dont work. So far the LC and LM1s have issues.

i see 20.9 on the lm1 when the car isnt running.
    i used the preset pid in hptuners.
    i then had to go into the lm1 logworks program and "tweak" the settings so when logging the lm1 display matches what the display shows in hptuners.

i've posted what i did (copied what others have done) here on the board.
    works flawlessly for my needs.

some have questioned it. many have had the same positive results. (+/- .1afr)

Advanced Tuner
    im a bit confused.. what do i set my low and high to? I got the warm up voltage thing down and i found what hpt wants for 14.7 (2.237v)

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    im a bit confused.. what do i set my low and high to? I got the warm up voltage thing down and i found what hpt wants for 14.7 (2.237v)

thats what i used.
    if somebody has a clearer high and low end tweak im all ears and open to it.

Advanced Tuner
    i spoke with mike (ws6firebirdta00) and he helped me through it..thanks again mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    i spoke with mike (ws6firebirdta00) and he helped me through it..thanks again mike.
    maybe you should enlighten the rest of the community with the information.

Advanced Tuner
    it was pretty much the same thing you did. I found a value that equaled 14.7. I then changed up my low and high end voltage until i got that number to be inbetween. Once that was done, I figured out what the actual afr was at that given voltage and programmed it in the lmprogrammer. I created a custom PID for the wideband to then reflect my offset. if the lm1 was putting out 4.6v, hpt was getting 4.3. Mike figured out my offset and helped me out through that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    nice, glad he helped you through it...if you get me a step by step I can add it to that demo I was talking to you about

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    you mean it isnt done yet? Ill work on a step by step as best i can. he did the math though, so im gonna have to get that from him. Off topic: you gonna change your sig for the 98? you're a little late on it LOL!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Of course not...im such a slacker...when I get outta work I really don't "like" working anymore lol...especially with it being like 10* outside and if I have to take pics or something. Not to mention all the other crap thats going on in my life right now your lucky I even had a few mins to tell you about it the other night

Advanced Tuner
    i feel special

Tuner in Training
    From reading through this thread, is it safe to assume that the LM1 is not the one to buy?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I love my LM-1 and would buy another in a heartbeat. I think you'll find most LM-1 users feel the same

Advanced Tuner
    i just usually happen to get the short end of the stick

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    nice, glad he helped you through it...if you get me a step by step I can add it to that demo I was talking to you about

any updates? how-to's..

ran into an issue today, and saw a difference in readings on the low/rich side.
    "too rich", but hpt showed 11.2..hmmmm.
    1st startup of new motor.
    i think somethings up with my rig. looking for some directionand advice.

thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry man..ive been so busy working both my jobs i havent had time...however, it looks like i may need to do it again anyways...i reloaded my computer and didnt save any hpt or lm1 stuff...yeah, that sucked.