Thread: Blown LSA Lean Issue at start up/idle New Build

Senior Tuner

Blown LSA Lean Issue at start up/idle New Build

2014 Holden Special Vehicle GTS, ID150 injectors, 231/239 @.050" 113LSA 620 lift, Mechanical fuel regulator/manifold referenced/set to 58psi...see around 53 on the external gauge. Has a 125mm intake tube from filter to tb, tb is 115mm.

Threw the kitchen sink at this car to get it running in the tune. Car goes lean at start, brand new engine so we are not letting it run much at all so the scan is really short. Wideband in scanner it seems to fire up OK, but immediately moves lean till it hits 16afr. Anyone have an idea here? Cam is pretty small and haven't touched EOIT or intake valve adders. I've done some, lets say, odd things to get it to start up. I've added a ton to the MAF and VE but shows no difference no matter how much I add.

Scan is of the tune attached.

Thanks for any input guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Link to datasheet/product page for your injectors? I have one I think it maybe right, but would rather make sure I'm working off the right sheet...

Your Injector Flow Rate is correct (flat) for a referenced regulator (don't know if you got the right numbers, though). Your Offset vs Press vs IGNV table is still sloped like it still had a non-referenced/returnless system. The Offset table should be using the 400kPa column pasted into every column, not using the full data as supplied in the sheet. The ID sample datasheets I have here have the columns used in referenced systems highlighted in red boxes.

screenshot.08-05-2023 14.55.00.png

screenshot.08-05-2023 14.51.32.png screenshot.08-05-2023 14.51.57.png

Senior Tuner
    There is very little fuel pressure in the log. Is that correct? Have you manually checked it?

Nothing wrong with letting it run. Being lean at idle or any low load situation will not hurt the engine.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    You caught it, Offset vs Press vs IGNV table. Fixed that and car instantly went rich. Thanks for the help!
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    The manual gauge does read 53-55 at idle.
    2000 Trans Am WS6