Thread: Silly Map Sensor Question - (Need tuner it Tampa/Clw Area)

Potential Tuner

Talking Silly Map Sensor Question - (Need tuner it Tampa/Clw Area)

So here is what I've got going on...

I have a 2005 6.0 lq9, stock harness. The truck is tuned and running an 09 up truck manifold, using 1.3 bar Map Sensor (12594942), with an adapter harness. For multiple reasons I am swapping a new 06 TBSS manifold in. I have everything else figured out, but noticed the Map sensor mounts totally different. I have for the new manifold a 2 bar map sensor (12615136) that "fits" and is the correct Map sensor for my pcm and harness, if I just removed the adapter harness.

My questions are-
    1. Will I have any issues just unplugging the adapter harness and running the 2 bar with the tune I already have until I can get retuned?
    I feel like I will, If so,
    2. Should I cut up this 1.3 bar map sensor so i can fit it snug and run it the way it is? or temporarily
    or 3. Wait until tuner is back in town and trailer the truck to be tuned on the 2 bar before starting

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this, but I am aware MAPs are critical.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Awdcateye; 05-07-2023 at 12:01 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I also failed to mention the truck is NA. ported heads, cam motion cam and kit, etc. Nothing crazy.

All you have to change in the tune is the MAP linear/offset to what matches the new sensor (200.00/8.00 for the Cobalt SCIP sensor). Nothing needs to be retuned as long as it had the correct numbers in it for the previous sensor, and the new ones are correct for the new sensor.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    All you have to change in the tune is the MAP linear/offset to what matches the new sensor (200.00/8.00 for the Cobalt SCIP sensor). Nothing needs to be retuned as long as it had the correct numbers in it for the previous sensor, and the new ones are correct for the new sensor.
    sounds like I should just have it done remotely. Thank you.

Huh? It's numbers in two little boxes. You open the tune file, and type numbers with the keyboard, then save file with a new name.

Engine > Airflow > General

MAP
    Characteristics
    MAP Sensor Linear 200.00
    MAP Sensor Offset 8.00

Potential Tuner
    Huh? It's numbers in two little boxes. You open the tune file, and type numbers with the keyboard, then save file with a new name.

Engine > Airflow > General

MAP
    Characteristics
    MAP Sensor Linear 200.00
    MAP Sensor Offset 8.00
    Oh if I had the software to do so it would be done already lol, have a friend with an mpvi2 and laptop he kept from a remote tune. Maybe I can use his. Like I said I'm not very knowledgeable with this, but seems simple for the right person. I had this tuned by anonymous calibrations years ago. Thanks for taking the time.
    Last edited by Awdcateye; 05-06-2023 at 11:40 PM.

Oh. In that case, no, you can't change sensors that have different linear/offset without also making the changes in the PCM. Your 2009 MAP is using settings of 128.20/-0.30, and I don't think there is a sensor in the 2006-type package with those specs.

Potential Tuner
    Oh. In that case, no, you can't change sensors that have different linear/offset without also making the changes in the PCM. Your 2009 MAP is using settings of 128.20/-0.30, and I don't think there is a sensor in the 2006-type package with those specs.
    You're correct, none close enough that I can find at least lol Its ok! the truck will just have to sit in the garage a little longer until I get this planned out. I should have looked closer at the truck style intake that was on there. Oops

Can I ask why the manifold change? Hope it's not for performance reasons, the early and late 'TBSS'/'NNBS' cathedral intakes are all the same inside, only differences are minor exterior details.

Potential Tuner
    Can I ask why the manifold change? Hope it's not for performance reasons, the early and late 'TBSS'/'NNBS' cathedral intakes are all the same inside, only differences are minor exterior details.
    no sir, yea theyre both 90mm. I was going through a lot of weathered hoses. I removed the quick disconnect hose from the back of the purge valve canister because there was a hidden slit in the line behind the alternator. The nipple on the intake was jb welded already. I never looked when I got the intake years ago, all that was already assembled. I just sourced the same style intake locally from salvage yard, installed today and all is well.

Potential Tuner
    its been sitting a while, getting it ready for a torqstorm. was the original plan unless my mind is changed. I wasnt having any issues with the intake, but I'm a bit mental. So the slightest bit of jb weld is a catastrophe to me. Plus the last thing I want is to have to come back later on for something so stupid. It was an "I'm already right there" kinda thing.