Thread: Trying to make a flame tune

Potential Tuner

Question Trying to make a flame tune

New to tuning. car already had a tune in it when i got it im just trying to get a little flame when i let off after WOT and nothing i do is seeming to work trying to figure out where im messing up at. attached the tune im working on i had a data log but i forgot to save it. only mods on the car are CAI and Long tube headers straight pipe 6.2 auto. uploaded the log. the first pull was in auto the 2nd was with paddles. i also tried with and without DFCO enabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danielghs; 05-09-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    even if you didnt save the datalog as save as flame log, its automatically saved in the HP tuners Folder by date/time
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I didnt know that thanks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by danielghs View Post
    New to tuning. car already had a tune in it when i got it im just trying to get a little flame when i let off after WOT and nothing i do is seeming to work trying to figure out where im messing up at. attached the tune im working on i had a data log but i forgot to save it. only mods on the car are CAI and Long tube headers straight pipe 6.2 auto. uploaded the log. the first pull was in auto the 2nd was with paddles. i also tried with and without DFCO enabled.
    You should keep in mind that this is going to bend your valves... it happened to me already so I would highly suggest going lower than what I have here. Also, you must be catless, I belive -20 is good as at higher speeds on the highway you will see flames that are about 2in big. you may also blow up your welds as the best results are if the car is straight piped. its really just a head ache but I personally love the sound and the theatrical look of the fire coming out of the tail pipes.11 Camaro Flame Tune Attempt TRY THIS.hpt
    Also don't directly flash this into your car, use the compare tool and copy my changes.

Have fun!

Note: you must give some gas on Decel to add the gas into the exhaust for the pops/flames

Potential Tuner
    i looked it over and from what i can tell the only diffrence was you went down to -20 and i stopped at -5 other than the RPM range and kept DFCO disabled. is that right or are there other changes that i missed? also im only wanting it to do it when i rev high not under normal driving so i would keep the changes in the RPM range i had before correct? also thanks for helping me out with this.

Quote Originally Posted by danielghs View Post
    i looked it over and from what i can tell the only diffrence was you went down to -20 and i stopped at -5 other than the RPM range and kept DFCO disabled. is that right or are there other changes that i missed? also im only wanting it to do it when i rev high not under normal driving so i would keep the changes in the RPM range i had before correct? also thanks for helping me out with this.
    Go into your min spark tables and make all changes to stock again, then move the min spark to -10/-15 under 5K RPM to 5,800 RPM then go into high octane spark & low octane spark and go 3 lines wide into from the top and add in the desired spark range you find you like. Note that going higher in RPM will cause a more dramatic effect and can cause engine damage. Just use what you feel sounds safe LOL. But that should be good