Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ported MSD intake PE ramp In ?

Msd kr

Kinda giving up here... Can t seem to get rid of the KR , tried less timing adding PE @1.19 and correcting AFR Err Maf...
    It runs goos ides good etc but KR ..OMG
    Might just pull MSD and go back to OE for my track day next week ..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    magnoman.png

If this is what you are referring to, then i am fighting the same thing. what are you cam specs? long tubes? bigger throttle body? I'm currently working on a speed density closed loop tune and it has helped alot. I have been working with GHuggins and things have significantly improved from what it was. Just from glancing at your log, your fueling is still not hitting the target AFR. Looks like you are around 5% leaner than target AFR. I would add ETC TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE, FUEL CUT TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE, AND SPARK TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE in your channels. That can help identify why you are getting spark cut sometimes.
    Last edited by LS ROB; 05-07-2023 at 02:44 PM.

TSP 2.2 cam , Vararam CAI , and the Mamo MSD ..stock TB .
    No issues at all with previous tune, I?ve been running for three years, put the MSD on all kinds of issues.
    Just increased PE ratio to 1,20 raised maf frequency by 5% still KR ..
    Anyone wanna buy a MSD Manmo intake ?

Senior Tuner
    How much lol?

Have you re-tuned the airflow side for the intake? It's going to be making different cylinder pressures in different areas than your other intake. Your spark has to account for that, but first you have to know where to make changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by magnoman View Post
    TSP 2.2 cam , Vararam CAI , and the Mamo MSD ..stock TB .
    No issues at all with previous tune, I?ve been running for three years, put the MSD on all kinds of issues.
    Just increased PE ratio to 1,20 raised maf frequency by 5% still KR ..
    Anyone wanna buy a MSD Manmo intake ?
    hmm.. odd that the intake is the only change you made and are getting these issues. Im TSP stage 2 with msd intake ported by myself. Are you at least hitting or very near the AFR target now? It's frustrating that a hyped product has sooooo many issues starting with quality. I sent my 1st intake back believing it was defective. once i received the 2nd one i began to read the reviews that started popping up. Overpriced low quality product for sure. id also add cylinders 1-8 knock retard in the channels just to monitor if its certain cylinders or all of them

I?ve been taking LTFT copy pasting into the VE Half percentage..
    Prob ,
    $1250 fpr MSD with FIC 850cc injectors. Brand, new clamshell gasket, and O-ring seals..
    Have to make a decision in a day or two.
    I even had ?Pat G ? do a tune for me supposed to be one of the best in the country his tune also had KR issus ..

Advanced Tuner
    I normally use the LTFT + STFT and paste into VVE half percentage. I have my cell hits at 50 so it takes some driving to get good data.

Will try that

Tuning Addict
    Injection timing can cause Knock Retard as much as anything. With those injectors and the better flowing manifold you might want to try advancing it some and seeing how it responds. If you have too much raw un-atomized fuel it can cost you up to 4 or 6 degrees of timing and honestly I'm not sure I would worry over 1 degree along.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-07-2023 at 06:12 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Msd

Good point ,
    I am actually using the OE injectors ..Not the ones that came with the MSD .

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Injection timing can cause Knock Retard as much as anything. With those injectors and the better flowing manifold you might want to try advancing it some and seeing how it responds. If you have too much raw un-atomized fuel it can cost you up to 4 or 6 degrees of timing and honestly I'm not sure I would worry over 1 degree along.

MSD KR gone

Pulled few Degs of timing from 4k rpm / @55 G and up ,,, Added good 15% more Maf freq .
    Finally NO KR !!! did pull up to 5700 rpm . Still lean up top have to work on High Maf .
    and to dial in fuel trims tomorrow.

Advanced Tuner
    good deal. Have you tried to dial in your VVE table? It appears to be stockish

Senior Tuner
    Take a look at time index 11:49:20-23. AFR commanded is showing rapid in and out of PE. This is reflected by the wideband. The throttle is being closed for some reason here. Look what it does to delivered engine torque as well. Also seeing misfires.

You didn't fully implement PE settings from my example for one.

The throttle fluctuation I can't explain, unless it's a torque limiter.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-07-2023 at 09:07 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I would add ETC TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE, FUEL CUT TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE, AND SPARK TORQUE MANAGEMENT TYPE in your channels

Senior Tuner
    Yeah Traction Control System ETC torque management set to 479 ft-lb max. Throttle does start to close at this point, according to the log. Drop out of PE ensues because of thresholds.

It's best to have PE based on MAP not throttle position so much. Look at my example. Look at any Corvette stock file.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-07-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    It's best to have PE based on MAP not throttle position so much.
    To add to that, when i initially looked at the tune file, i believe i mentioned that in post #19 and to match the MAF values in the high/low hz table

Senior Tuner
    Also, there's still KR. Looks like it happens roughly every time MAP is above 60kPa and spark is above 30 degrees. Try deflating that goofy bulge in the mid airmass/mid rpm range of the spark table.

About like the attached.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-07-2023 at 10:01 PM.

Senior Tuner
    For manifold volume you have 16,387cc. With the MSD intake I'm getting that your volume should be 14,240cc.

Manifold Volume = Intake Volume + Port Volume = 12,080cc+(8*270cc)

The actual is going to be a little higher since it's ported, but I highly doubt Mr Mamo ported 2 liters of plastic out of your intake lol. Don't forget to add the tiny bit of volume if using a throttle adapter for the stock LS7 throttle body. That's pretty easy to measure (should be around 10-20cc depending on thickness of plate).

Engine>Airflow>Speed Density

This will help some with the AFR transients in your log.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 05-08-2023 at 02:06 AM.

Back to OE intake have KR ??????? OMG

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Something like this.
    So I pulled MSD went back to OE intake and old tune been running for years NO ISSUES AT ALL NO KR then did log after re-installing OE intake and Im getting KR !!!! WTF !!!
    Here is log from old tune no KR then new Log from tonight have KR . Old tune posted say what you will but car ran great never issues 5-6 track days a year for past 4 years .. Something has is different or changed ? Getting KR at low rpm ? and some strange spikes in AFR Err super lean in some cells for brief second >>> maybe my Maf is going bad I am stumped same tune same intake etc know have KR?

Senior Tuner
    Maybe MAF. Knock happens right on the edge. How do your spark plugs look? Heat range and gap? Bad batch of gas?