Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Startup Reduced Engine Power

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I still want to know what it is about this build that needs non-Colorado ETC segments. All the stock, compatible-with-stock-calibration parts (APP, TB) are readily available.
    Digging up some old emails here. Let me know if any of this is helpful

I cannot use a e38, I have to switch to a e67, the e38, doesn't use gm class 2 data, that the Colorado runs on. Factory Gauges, ac, abs, all freak out and won't work with a can only pcm like the e38. I have good used e67s in stock. It's easier to do a new harness, then two use the old ones. Because the e38, is in a different location then the e67 will be. For the Colorados from 2004-2007, you need to solder on or butt connect and heat shrink a e67 pig tail I provide, or I can make a custom resin cast adapter that goes into the original p12 pcm plug, and has a e67 j1 blue plug on it. Also you need to run two can wires into the obd 2 port that I provide. Trucks from 2008-12 are plug and play!

Stock Colorado, pedal ignition , switch, cluster, ac, abs, etc.. all function as stock with a e67 you will need a Colorado v8 09-12 base tune 09 had no vvt, 10-12 had vvt. I can provide gm sps flash to base os, and a 4l80e tcm os. You need a t42 tcm, which would be in your van I can program that to work.

I need to have the pcm, and tcm, I sps them both to gm Colorado vin with 4l60e, that way they pair togeather properly, then I reflash the tcm with a 2009 4l80e with the e67, on Board, then it mates the 4l80 tcm to the e67 pcm. Then I use efi to flash in the same vin to both modules.

I will program with gm ‘‘tis to 2010 5.3l vvt, and 2009 4l80e tcm, it will run with just a security learn, and fuel pump module delete. But will need a tune after leak checks are done etc. I can’t tune for the 6.0l, but I can setup the injectors, delete the fuel pump flow module, setup the fuel gauge, and e-fan, tire and axle size, and turn off certain dtcs. That will be enough to run it and gingerly drive it to a local tuner. If you want that done, then I need your tire, and axle size.

If your ECM had been SPS-programmed with a stock '09 Colorado calibration it would have segment IDs that match what's in the TIS lookup for that VIN. It does not. The 6 segments in the .hpt file match, but the two ETC segments are something that came from somewhere other than GM and no one has any way to know what's in them or what they do or whether they are the cause of your current throttle issues - or not.

Software could be so messed up I would start with a new/rebuilt stock factory programmed PCM and go from there. Start completely over. Don't load your previous tune either.