Thread: 2022 gt shutting down and going nuts

Tuner in Training

2022 gt shutting down and going nuts

try to make a good pull in 6th gear (10r80) around 120-125mph it shuts down. it actually goes nuts. throws every warning on cluster that it has plus wrench light. touch the throttle afr's go dead lean. pull over shut it off for a minute or 2. start it back and everything is good. im stumped. any help would be appreciated. i very seldom hit those speeds but its very aggravating not being able to figure out the problem. runs and drives great on my e85 tune but at 120-125mph game over.

Advanced Tuner
    Call the guy who tuned it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Call the guy who tuned it.
    i tuned it. i'm overlooking a limit somewhere apparently.

Advanced Tuner
    Post log and tune so it can be reviewed

Potential Tuner
    Try going to TRANSMISSION > General > Limits > Element RPM Limit. Max that table out and try it. Also, you might have to raise the Planatary, Ring Gear, Sun Gear, and Carrier Gear limits also. I have had that issue once and if I remember correctly that was my issue.

Advanced Tuner
    It's probably your torque limit. I forget the exact torque table I'm thinking of but I had to change mine because I would have this issue often

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TWSUPERDUTY View Post
    Try going to TRANSMISSION > General > Limits > Element RPM Limit. Max that table out and try it. Also, you might have to raise the Planatary, Ring Gear, Sun Gear, and Carrier Gear limits also. I have had that issue once and if I remember correctly that was my issue.
    thanks for the reply. i had previously adjusted everything you mentioned except the Element RPM limit. i haven't had a chance to give it go yet but i appreciate the help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    It's probably your torque limit. I forget the exact torque table I'm thinking of but I had to change mine because I would have this issue often
    i've raised all torque limits but will check again. thanks for the reply

Potential Tuner
    Let me know if that fixes the issue. If not I will look into a few more things that I changed by doing a file comparison to the stock file. But I did have the same issue for seemed like forever. Looked and looked over the tune night after night and trial after trial lol

Potential Tuner
    Also, I seen you had e85 tune. Do you have any problems with the throttle closing on top end say around 6600 rpm or more like closing down to 50-60 %? I do and just been trying to figure out how to keep it from closing. It runs great other then that. it shows torque source injector limit.

Advanced Tuner
    Wheel Tq Error Max. Is this still stock?

Advanced Tuner
    If none of the above fix it post your tune with a log. If you do that many here can help, without we all are guessing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    Wheel Tq Error Max. Is this still stock?
    appreciate the help. i raised it and element RPM limit as another member suggested and its good now. so one of the 2 or both done the trick. thanks abunch.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TWSUPERDUTY View Post
    Also, I seen you had e85 tune. Do you have any problems with the throttle closing on top end say around 6600 rpm or more like closing down to 50-60 %? I do and just been trying to figure out how to keep it from closing. It runs great other then that. it shows torque source injector limit.
    i'm dedicated E85 tune not flex. dedicated E is alot easier to do than flex tune. i wish i could help you but never messed with flex tables. sorry. i raised element RPM limit that you suggested and wheel torque limit that was suggested by another member and it fixed my problem. one of the 2 or both fixed my shutting down problem. thanks for the help and i wish i could help with your injector limit problem but i have no idea. you could try a dedicated E tune which is really simple from a test standpoint and see if your getting the same error.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    appreciate the help. i raised it and element RPM limit as another member suggested and its good now. so one of the 2 or both done the trick. thanks abunch.
    From what i understand increasing the Wheel TQ Error Max is just a quick fix. Im not sure what you set yours to but mine is at 120k and havent had it go into limp mode since i changed it... Max input value is 1,000,000. I probably wouldnt set it to that. As for the element RPM limit you mentioned ive never changed mine before so i dont think that would throw it into limp mode