Thread: Logging question

Logging question

I am trying to log Spark Retard, Spark Advance, and Spark Knock. You can see in the picture that I am only see data in the one row. I also am showing the settings from one of them. Can someone help tell me what I seem to be missing that I am not getting it to fill in more. On the data log I did run through loads and rpm. I did have it to 100% at one point when I look at the load channel in the log. But the table is not filing in. It is a 2014 GT500

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    I am trying to log Spark Retard, Spark Advance, and Spark Knock. You can see in the picture that I am only see data in the one row. I also am showing the settings from one of them. Can someone help tell me what I seem to be missing that I am not getting it to fill in more. On the data log I did run through loads and rpm. I did have it to 100% at one point when I look at the load channel in the log. But the table is not filing in. It is a 2014 GT500

Thanks
    Change engine load from percentage to number.

I made the chance but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    I made the chance but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    When you select the parameter, click the gear icon on the top of that window. This eliminates all the parameters not in you data log. You can then select the load you logged and say no to the generic parameter prompt.

That seems to have done it. The table is filling in now. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    "When you select the parameter, click the gear icon on the top of that window."

Could you show a screen shot of this?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    "When you select the parameter, click the gear icon on the top of that window."

Could you show a screen shot of this?

Example of searching for period using "per" with gear unchecked.

Gear unchecked.jpg

Example of searching for period using "per" with gear checked.

Gear checked.jpg
    Last edited by murfie; 04-28-2023 at 11:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a blank box where you show a gear icon. Does this only work when connected to the car or do I need to contact support?
    Last edited by K44; 04-29-2023 at 07:49 PM.

I was not connected but did have the profile loaded for the car.

Senior Tuner
    I have a blank box where you show a gear icon. Does this only work when connected to the car or do I need to contact support?
    You have right clicked and are tring to add a new parameter to your channels list. Those arrows are "show polling or broadcast channels". Broadcast is mainly the inputs on the MPVI pro devices. Polling is the OBDii data.

This gear shows when adding a parameter into the chart v time, graph, or gauge areas.
    Last edited by murfie; 04-29-2023 at 11:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    You have right clicked and are tring to add a new parameter to your channels list. Those arrows are "show polling or broadcast channels". Broadcast is mainly the inputs on the MPVI pro devices. Polling is the OBDii data.

This gear shows when adding a parameter into the chart v time, graph, or gauge areas.
    OK I see now. It would be helpful if this was on the channel list also.

Senior Tuner
    OK I see now. It would be helpful if this was on the channel list also.
    Not sure I follow what you mean. The channels available to be added to the channel list for data logging are based on the connected vehicle or selected vehicle profile. Its all the available channels,and you are selecting the few that you want to log.
    Are you saying it would be helpful to have the things available to log, match the names of the various axis and table values in your HPT file?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes.