LS9 cam
    Large Ebay intake manifold
    102mm throttle body
    3 bar map
    42lb injectors.
    4l60e
    4.56 gears
    33" tires

This is in a 99 Jeep Cherokee. I did the OS conversion to SD and made some trans changes to help with the shifting because it has a corvette solenoid and the 1 2 was violent. The issue im having is we are getting 6 to 8 mpg. Im datalogging and vcm scanner shows both o2's reading normalish and the long term and short term are pretty close. Im still not done tuning it but the fuel economy I dont understand. I should be getting more than 8 mpg. It doesnt smell like fuel and seems to be running rather well and makes good power. I attached my current map, dont beat me up to bad on the ve table as this is the first trip out after finding the throttle body set screw was adjusted so it never shut all the way. I had the last map tuned to within 5% and was still getting horrible fuel economy, but I started messing with it to see if I could get the fuel economy better. Either there is a major issue in my maps or maybe its a mechanical issue in the diffs or something. I am just trying to rule out a shitty tune. I dont usually tune gm stuff so I could have missed something. Let me know what you think. Thank you for any help you can give.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rturner20; 04-25-2023 at 11:11 PM.

Narrow LSA on that cam = good power but shit mileage.

Why's your P0103 set to No Error? And P0101/P0102 are still MIL on Second?

Oooooh... and you'll want to put in all the data for whatever injectors you have. Only the flow rate has been changed from a stock VIN T file.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Why's your P0103 set to No Error? And P0101/P0102 are still MIL on Second?
    Those were set based on a HP tuners article on converting to SD. Im new to the GM stuff so I was following their guide. I can re enable them if that was a mistake
    Last edited by rturner20; 04-25-2023 at 11:15 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Oooooh... and you'll want to put in all the data for whatever injectors you have. Only the flow rate has been changed from a stock VIN T file.
    Im running a set of Green 42lb injectors. They had a gm part number so I figured I would just need to change the flow rate. They came from ebay so they came with little data. is there a thread with the injector data for the various gm injector sizes?

I appreciate the help. Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Narrow LSA on that cam = good power but shit mileage.
    I checked with my brother who owns the jeep. He lives up the block from me, im just helping with the tune. I normally tune DSM's and Hondas, so some of this is new to me. its actually a ls9 cam not a truck norris, he shelved that cam for another project.

440ccHPT_Plug_and_Play_Data_FIC_42_GreenGiant_0280155968_GMONLY.xlsx

P0101/P0102/P0103 should be MIL on First Error to fail the MAF. I've never seen anyone reputable saying otherwise.

You also have a whole bunch of other DTCs that I think you intended to completely disable, but only unchecked the SES box which only stops it from turning on the light - No Error is the only way to make it not run the related diagnostics. (the MAF DTCs are different - those must run and fail in order for it to go into SD)

Potential Tuner
    for injector data I found this: https://deatschwerks.com/pages/gm-calibrations
    I have 42lb so this part number 18U-01-0042-8.

I will change my injector data to those figures if they look correct to you

** scratch that, I just saw your xls doc

Potential Tuner
    440ccHPT_Plug_and_Play_Data_FIC_42_GreenGiant_0280155968_GMONLY.xlsx

P0101/P0102/P0103 should be MIL on First Error to fail the MAF. I've never seen anyone reputable saying otherwise.

You also have a whole bunch of other DTCs that I think you intended to completely disable, but only unchecked the SES box which only stops it from turning on the light - No Error is the only way to make it not run the related diagnostics. (the MAF DTCs are different - those must run and fail in order for it to go into SD)
    ok, Ill go through the DTC's again and set them correctly. I really appreciate you helping me with this.

Potential Tuner
    It does run better now but we are still getting 9 mpg now. At this point we are pretty sure the 3rd members were not setup right when the 456's were installed and its causing Significant drag in the drive train. We did pick up 2 mpg's though after I adjusted the injector settings and retuned it. Thank you for the help I really appreciate it.