Thread: 2017 F350 6.2 IMRC disable

Potential Tuner

2017 F350 6.2 IMRC disable

I have this dreaded tick noise from my intake manifold. I have confirmed that it is the IMRC. I guess a lot of superduty 6.2 owners are starting to get this because the intake manifolds are on backorder indefinitely. I am not new to tuning, but the learning curve for map points in vcm editor is steep compared to one map in ecumaster systems. My goal is to physically disable the IMRC, turn it off in the software, and correct the tune. I have tested physically disabling the IMRC and disabling IMRC in vcm editor and it runs fine above 2k and has a little hesitation at lower rims (as expected). I tried follow the how to to just make this a quick fix, but it's entirely different. The more I read and play with software, I'm starting to understand map points and differential tables. My next plan is to data log and start playing with the map points it's using. How would you experienced hp tuners tackle this? Attached is my read file. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    IMRC, Variable Camshaft, DTC's.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 04-27-2023 at 04:34 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    IMRC, Variable Camshaft, DTC's.
    Did you just do all the work for me? I was working on Map points 6-11 and slowly working my way through VCTs. You are a saint.

Senior Tuner
    Well, take it as a reference. I had a minor dumbass moment.

IMRC > IMRC Configuration. I turned MP26 to 1. For some reason I read MP26 as OP. Just leave it to zero. Not that it matters, since MP26 isn't even enabled.

Also, set DTC P0605 to No Error Reported. I keep forgetting that on these Ford tunes, too.

I re-uploaded the tune with those changes applied.

Hopefully you understand to do a write configuration and not a write entire.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 04-27-2023 at 04:36 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Well, take it as a reference. I had a minor dumbass moment.

IMRC > IMRC Configuration. I turned MP26 to 1. For some reason I read MP26 as OP. Just leave it to zero. Not that it matters, since MP26 isn't even enabled.

Also, set DTC P0605 to No Error Reported. I keep forgetting that on these Ford tunes, too.

I re-uploaded the tune with those changes applied.

Hopefully you understand to do a write configuration and not a write entire.
    Yes, my plan is to fully understand the changes you made before I press on to writing the configuration. I do need to data log and adjust the tune to take full advantage of the additional mods I have installed. This helps a lot. I really appreciate it.