Thread: Light to low throttle surging up to 40 mph

Light to low throttle surging up to 40 mph

Hello my first time posting for advice I have a 2001 Trans Am 5.7 ls1 stock bottom end 243 stage 2.5 heads long tubes headers and a Chuck Norris Cam Specs: 212/22X, .552/.552, 107 LSA and 42 lbs injectors and running SD I found a great remote tuner to get everything running good and it does run great but I hate to keep bugging the guy over little things I have a slight surge only for 5 to 40 ish mph with no throttle to light throttle it?s livable I can feel and see it on the wideband as it isolates as it surges any suggestions on what could cause this thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysoftail01 View Post
    but I hate to keep bugging the guy over little things
    thats not bugging. thats called datalogging for the tuner to make the changes.

Senior Tuner
    I would rather be bothered if I was the email tuner than see you come to this site for help.. That's what I'm there for..

Anyway.. I'd reach out to whomever did it.

Several things can cause it. o2's switching, slightly rich, etc.

**** One thing about the remote tuning that might fit this situation.. It happens often that I'll get a email say 5 revisions deep saying "its still surging" or "its still doing IT" and I look back in my notes and the customer never mentioned surging or whatever "IT" is.. Honestly drives me crazy.

Make sure you tell your tuner little things like that.. Often little driveabilty issues don't show up in logs unless your looking for it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs