Thread: Cammed 4.8 runs in secondary ve instead of primary

Cammed 4.8 runs in secondary ve instead of primary

I?m trying to tune a 1999 silverado with a 4.8. Texas speed 223/226 at 50, 600lift. I have maf failed. Gets code p0103 on start up. The main ve table seems to have no effect on the truck. I can change secondary ve and change the afr. The truck was also getting a p0121 tps vs map which I assume is from the big cam. I disabled the 121 code. I need some advice to get it to run on the primary ve table. I am trying to learn and know just enough to get myself into trouble.

Those early operating systems are designed to use the secondary VE table in speed density only.

If you want to run in speed density forever just apply the 1 bar speed density OS upgrade and now it will remove the secondary VE table completely.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Should I leave it on speed density or tune with sd and then go back to maf? I have the secondary ve pretty close right now. Could I use the secondary numbers in the primary and then average the missing map numbers. How would you recommend tuning it?

Yes, that is exactly what you do. You tune the secondary table and then copy over the match rows into the primary table. You can interpolate the rest and hand smooth it.

If you want to use the MAF, just keep doing it the way you are now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I really appreciate the help. I took the secondary ve and moved it row by row then smoothed it. Done the whole process 8 or 10 times until it quit being jagged looking

Just write a custom OS to it and it will only have a primary table..

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C