Thread: 2004 GTO Transmission Slipping 4th Gear? Can someone diagnose/give second opinion pls

Tuner in Training

2004 GTO Transmission Slipping 4th Gear? Can someone diagnose/give second opinion pls

Would someone take a look at this log and let me know their diagnosis? 4th gear is slipping. Fluid level is full.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Its hard for me to tell what is going on. You move the throttle too much after and during a shift. A flare occurs when you step down and the trans downshifts to 3rd in one. The log shows input sensor rpm dropping to zero which is very strange in that log. The force motor current seems a bit high to me sometimes. The logs are too short to really tell much.

You need to watch the logging rate of specific sensors to help diagnose this issue. Delete un-needed sensors to free up processing power and make logging more accurate.

When the trans shifts to 4th try holding the throttle still. Repeat at least 3 times the same situation behavior.
    Next three try moving the throttle at a steady pace, carefully slowly.
    You didn't post a tune file so people can't look at the commanded force motor for shifting.