Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaning out during normal operation

Leaning out during normal operation

Hello,

I have a 2004 z06 that it is boosted and it runs great except when it leans out under part throttle. It only happens if I drive it in CL mode. In the attached log i noticed that there is a commanded 16.00AFR at the 11:37 mark. Not sure what is causing that. Besides VE table, what other area can I do adjustments to eliminate the 16.00 commanded AFR.
    Thanks in advanced.

To work CL 2 bar Diag channels.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Usually some sort of rear o2 test. If this is an off-road vehicle it can be disabled with earlier software.

Having rear o2's in the car should take care of it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Thanks for the the reply. The car does not have rear O2. I may have the original disc. I'll try that.

Gen 3s never had an option to disable the catalyst/post-O2 tests, in any version.

Senior Tuner
    you are right.. Brain fart.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Gen 3s never had an option to disable the catalyst/post-O2 tests, in any version.
    Gotcha. Well, what next?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mastersorbet View Post
    Gotcha. Well, what next?
    put the rear o2's back in or ignore it. Won't hurt anything. A lot of times its unnoticeable.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    put the rear o2's back in or ignore it. Won't hurt anything. A lot of times its unnoticeable.
    Gotcha. It never had rear O2 since i had it. Glad to know it won't hurt anything but it's annoying since i'm noticing it... I can feel it in the way it drives and i see my wideband go lean. Regardless, thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Here is another thought. Will rear o2 simulators would work to make the ECM stop conducting the rear o2 test?

Advanced Tuner
    Gotcha. It never had rear O2 since i had it. Glad to know it won't hurt anything but it's annoying since i'm noticing it... I can feel it in the way it drives and i see my wideband go lean. Regardless, thank you for the information.
    post tune file used for log.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    post tune file used for log.
    Here you go. It is a 2 bar OS map.

2bar OS_MAF Enable_BTR Stage 1 Blower Cam_Novi1500_LT_60# Injectors Scaled 75%_v001.hpt

O2 sensors plugged in (they do not need to be screwed into the exhaust) will stop it from endless-looping the cat/O2 tests. If it runs the tests and fails it'll stop trying. If the tests can't complete it just keeps trying over and over and over.

O2 sensors plugged in (they do not need to be screwed into the exhaust) will stop it from endless-looping the cat/O2 tests. If it runs the tests and fails it'll stop trying. If the tests can't complete it just keeps trying over and over and over.
    Makes sense. Still debating on putting rear sensors to stop the anoyance or go with simulators and not having to worry about wiring and such.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    May I suggest a new channels list?
    Dynamic will be helpful as others and it is trimmed for faster response.
    Attached Files Attached Files

May I suggest a new channels list?
    Dynamic will be helpful as others and it is trimmed for faster response.
    Sure, I'll log it with your channel list and post it later. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    which MAP sensor are you using, it is not why you are going 16 commanded but is needed to be verified.
    add the WB inbetween the AFR and Lambda commanded and add the ? X Bar map in channels list instead of 1Bar.

OK I do not know where you got that MBT table but it should be the same as the stock table before the OS upgrade.
    Last edited by Hondaeater; 04-21-2023 at 10:02 AM.

which MAP sensor are you using, it is not why you are going 16 commanded but is needed to be verified.
    Cobalt SS 2 bar
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...lt/submodel/ss

Advanced Tuner
    I have to go but maybe someone (blind??) can check MAP Character.

Disable ST in OL.

Linear/Offset for that is 200.00/8.00, not 200/10.33 (those are the defaults when the 2bar OS is applied).

'Scaled 75%'? What's scaled, injectors or airflow? Gen3s do not need injectors scaled, they'll take up to 254lb-hr as-is.

Why is it set up for MAF-only if it's boosted and got a 2bar OS?

Linear/Offset for that is 200.00/8.00, not 200/10.33 (those are the defaults when the 2bar OS is applied).

'Scaled 75%'? What's scaled, injectors or airflow? Gen3s do not need injectors scaled, they'll take up to 254lb-hr as-is.

Why is it set up for MAF-only if it's boosted and got a 2bar OS?
    I'll adjust the linear/offset, no problem with that. As for scaled 75%, not sure, tuner did that due to maxing out the MAAF. The injectors are 60lb-hr. He tried to tune it to run on speed density only, but acording to him, the 2004 z06 ECM will not apply the VE changes from HP tuners. I was explained that it was a software issue and not a tune issue.

Never the less, he is looking into the 16.00 commanded AFR. He believes there's a multiplier somewhere giving the command.