Thread: Questioning my 02 sensors

Tuner

Questioning my 02 sensors

I am not sure if the 02 sensors are the issue but if I let the car sit and run it will turn off pretty quick. These are a cheap pair of 02 sensors i think i bought from ebay for like $15 or something. It's kind of hard to get a log because it shuts off on me if i let it try to idle. the driver side bank reads signifficantly lower than the passenger side in the scanner. Also installed flex fuel sensor and Enabled Flex in my Tune. If I tweak my Injector flow or VE a tiny bit either way it will go rich or go lean at idle. Does not really idle, its a bit high. 3.3 Bar, Deka 80's, SS2 Cam , 5.3, Flex and T4 76mm.

Cheap o2 sensors are nothing but problems. Only buy delco/denso sensors for a LS engine.

You need a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning.

The injector flow rate is a set and forget table, never touch it once the data is in there.

If the 3.3 bar sensor is from like a Duramax, I'd suggest using a regular 3 bar MAP sensor because diesel engines operate in different ranges.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I pulled them out, pretty badly fouled. They say Denso Assembled in USA 5640, pretty carboned up. Like i said before it was hard to get a reading in my scanner. The new ones read Denso B664. Does the same nonsense with the new 02 sensors runs like crap for about a minute and shuts off. Nobody has an answer why it would shut off like that, never had this problem before. I have to at least get it back to where it idles good again to get a log. Above idle was ok but now every time i reflash it just goes to crap. I might try to use other software to scan and make changes. This thing really sucks at connecting to scan, there is really no way to log it and other roadblocks limit me on time. The numbers i put into the tune do not match when i re read the pcm after i flash it.