Thread: Cant Remember how to Re-Enable DFCO

Potential Tuner

Cant Remember how to Re-Enable DFCO

Started DIY Tuning my 04 Gto last year, Spent some time away from it all and recently got back into logging/Tuning.

For the life of me I cannot remember how to re-enable DFCO. I Have Enabled the advanced view and searched far and wide for the option but cannot seem to find it. Additionally I even pulled up the original tune off of the car and still cannot seem to find any differences, All the enable/disable temperature control values and tables are the same between the two files. My display for the UI only shows half of the screen however, Could it be possibly be hiding on the other side not being used? Imaged attached below.

HpTunersQuestion.PNG

TunedFile.hpt STock TUne.hpt
    Last edited by Dan Drinan Jr; 04-20-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Things like this are a lot easier to get answered if you post the file instead of just screenshots.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Drinan Jr View Post
    Started
    Your very first step is to do a full download of your file and save it. Never touch it or modify it.
    Then 2 years down the road when you want to change something, or turn on dfco, you open your current tune, and then open a compare file uising the original, unmodified file you downloadeed the very first time.
    Then using the compare feature, go to the DFCO tab, and voila' whatever you changed will be highlited in green. Easy Peasy..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    Your very first step is to do a full download of your file and save it. Never touch it or modify it.
    Then 2 years down the road when you want to change something, or turn on dfco, you open your current tune, and then open a compare file uising the original, unmodified file you downloadeed the very first time.
    Then using the compare feature, go to the DFCO tab, and voila' whatever you changed will be highlited in green. Easy Peasy..
    You missed the '...and make multiple copies of the stock file, stored in different locations/on different devices, and set them to read-only' steps.

Some people go so far as to email the stock file to themselves, so the untouched attachment can be downloaded again later if needed.

Potential Tuner
    I Did that as stated in the post, I compared the original file I pulled off the car last year and found absolutely no differences, Stock and Modified File attached in the post above ( I just added them )

Senior Tuner
    Are you using the actual compare file function in the editor?

Potential Tuner
    yes.
    Last edited by Dan Drinan Jr; 04-20-2023 at 03:28 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    You missed the '...and make multiple copies of the stock file, stored in different locations/on different devices, and set them to read-only' steps.

Some people go so far as to email the stock file to themselves, so the untouched attachment can be downloaded again later if needed.

About once a week I get a file named "STOCK DO NOT MODIFY" and I think.. oh I hope this isn't his only copy
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Is the tuned file you posted a recent read of the ECM or a file that you had saved as the current tune? You said you tuned on it last year but the change log shown last change made in 2019.
    Screenshot 2023-04-20 212208.jpg

Edit: Sorry serious brain fart, too much time staring at a computer today. I didn't realize the year was first.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 04-20-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I Pulled The TUNEDFILE File Off of the car (Downloaded it) because the personal computer containing my tune files was unavailable at the time. So From there, I started retuning. When I finally gained access to the old computer that contained my STOCKTUNE I Opened up Hp Editor, Opened my TUNEDFILE (That I had been tuning on that day), and then opened the STOCKTUNE file through the compare action. I see absolutely no differences between the two. I thought I remembered there just being an Enable/Disable Dropdown box for the DFCO but I could just be imagining things.