Thread: its a complete mess . and i need a pro tuner to help me

Tuner in Training

its a complete mess . and i need a pro tuner to help me

my current tune and idle scan will be attached ,
    i think my spark advance might be off. its really really boggy. and i just cant get it dialed in . i would really love to hit the pedal and it to respond and just go and its not. im really frustrated. it might be running rich or lean. i dont know what to do.
    another issue im having is .. when i come to a stop the idle wants to rev up and down sometimes low enough to where it dies.
    lm7 5.3 engine ..specs include
    New camshaft. intake dur- .050 : 228
    exhaust dur- .050 : 230
    intake valve lift .585
    exhaust lift .585
    lobe sep : 112
    ingtake cent- 108
    283-286
    ls1 rocker arms tunnion
    new ls1 oil pump
    tbss air intake with fuel rail (new -stock injectors) and iridium spark plugs
    fuel system is a return kind but i have a C5 VETTE fuel filter setup
    throttle body adapter fopr stock throttle body 92mm
    hp spark plug wires
    new coil packs
    upgrade Elgin hydralkic lifters and rods
    1218 springs
    Cold air intake original ecm
    new o2 sensors
    new fuel pump
    and lots of blood and tears

(2001 yukon 5.3, 4l60)

I know the tune is really bad , its been in too many hands and its jacked . please someone help me, ibve spent so much money and heartache. i just want it to run, idle and maybe be fast. can someone re write this terrible tune and get me out of my situation
    Attached Files Attached Files

What new stock injectors are they?

Not to set you back again but if you bought new stock injector for a 2001 yukon, you did it backwards. Those injectors are too small for the power/rpm that this camshaft can do.

Have you checked your fuel pressure and what pump is it? You can't use the crappy corvette filter regulator with high flow fuel pumps.

Get a wideband oxygen if you don't have one yet, you can't tune without one.

Also just a pro tip, don't make multiple threads with the same questions. You had a thread about a month ago but you never replied to it, so you didn't help yourself much there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by josepht View Post
    my current tune and idle scan will be attached ,
    i think my spark advance might be off. its really really boggy. and i just cant get it dialed in . i would really love to hit the pedal and it to respond and just go and its not. im really frustrated. it might be running rich or lean. i dont know what to do.
    another issue im having is .. when i come to a stop the idle wants to rev up and down sometimes low enough to where it dies.
    lm7 5.3 engine ..specs include
    New camshaft. intake dur- .050 : 228
    exhaust dur- .050 : 230
    intake valve lift .585
    exhaust lift .585
    lobe sep : 112
    ingtake cent- 108
    283-286
    ls1 rocker arms tunnion
    new ls1 oil pump
    tbss air intake with fuel rail (new -stock injectors) and iridium spark plugs
    fuel system is a return kind but i have a C5 VETTE fuel filter setup
    throttle body adapter fopr stock throttle body 92mm
    hp spark plug wires
    new coil packs
    upgrade Elgin hydralkic lifters and rods
    1218 springs
    Cold air intake original ecm
    new o2 sensors
    new fuel pump
    and lots of blood and tears

(2001 yukon 5.3, 4l60)

I know the tune is really bad , its been in too many hands and its jacked . please someone help me, ibve spent so much money and heartache. i just want it to run, idle and maybe be fast. can someone re write this terrible tune and get me out of my situation
    Here you go. This will be a major improvement...

fuckmekwmod.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I have new stock injectors I can replace this weekend..and it's a normal fuel pump. I just installed a wideband last weekend. And the reason I didn't reply cause my truck broke down ( hence new pump ) but I do apologize and I respect all advice

Senior Tuner
    Wow. the PE enrichment..

In cases like this I think it's best to start with a stock file.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training

thank u

thamks again for the tune you provided . it ran great and performed best it has in a long time .one thing i noticed the idle and rolling idle wants to drop.. coming to a stop sign it stalls out unless i feather the gas . and is there a way to get the transmission to have a stronger and faster shift change seems high on rpms when it feels like it should be changing gears
    .. thank you again . i almost gave up.
    Attached Files Attached Files