Thread: Maggie Supercharged 2004 CTS-V dies after startup

Potential Tuner

Maggie Supercharged 2004 CTS-V dies after startup

I recently had the motor on my 2004 CTS-V with the 5.7 LS6 rebuilt. In addition to the supercharger the car has a mild Comp blower cam. I have three issues with the car and I hope someone here may be able to assist.

#1. The car dies after starting unless i give it a little gas...then atfer a minute it idles ok.

#2: Also at idle the AC only works if i give it a little gas and keep my foot on the pedal. As soon as I take my foot off the AC stops working.

#3: The car is running too rich. (the old injectors were replaced with new ones, same size different brand)

I think that my staring problem may be Because of the Dynamic Airflow setting. The car had been tuned a few years ago and I noticed that the tuner has the HIGH RPM DISABLE at 2500 and the HIGH RPM HYST at 2400.

Here a copy of the tune file

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    What does injector "same size different brand mean"? What injectors are installed (part # and manufacturer) now and before?

What does 'AC stops working' mean? What part of it stops working? Clutch disengages, or stays engaged but stops making cold air?

Where is the logfile showing these issues happening?

Dynamic Disable/Hyst - hey, it's just changing numbers, why don't you put it back to what's in a stock file and see if it improves anything? Same for settings at System > A/C: Disable Conditions.

How is this going to work, with boost now but a stock OS that only reads to 105 kPa? Are there no 2-bar/3-bar OSes available for this?

ALL of the O2 sensor DTCs are disabled? And it's a rape-the-PE-only tune? Wow. That file is really something else.

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=gtstorey;725317]What does injector "same size different brand mean"? What injectors are installed (part # and manufacturer) now and before?[/Q

The original I got from a friend... he said they were 80lb injectors. These were replaced with FIC 80lb Deka Shorty EV1 injectors

Thanks for your help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    ALL of the O2 sensor DTCs are disabled? And it's a rape-the-PE-only tune? Wow. That file is really something else.
    Thats why Im on the forum trying to learn from people with more knowledge than me...Im trying to understand what the "tuner" that i paid did. Im not able to read and understand what most of the setting do/are.

Senior Tuner
    We really can’t even tell what modifications were done after your tune based upon what you wrote.

Do you have GM data for your injectors? What fuel pressure are you running?

There's at least an error in the Offset table for injector data, unknown if the whole table is wrong or just that one isolated spot.

This is going to need to have a real 2-bar MAP sensor installed and the 2-bar OS applied and then actually tuned, that means either a lot of researching and digging and learning on your part, or paying someone to do it for you (someone who knows what they're doing, not the previous guy). Right now it's a stock 1-bar OS with tons of fuel added via the Power Enrich table which is not the way to do it. That's the equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers'.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There's at least an error in the Offset table for injector data, unknown if the whole table is wrong or just that one isolated spot.

This is going to need to have a real 2-bar MAP sensor installed and the 2-bar OS applied and then actually tuned, that means either a lot of researching and digging and learning on your part, or paying someone to do it for you (someone who knows what they're doing, not the previous guy). Right now it's a stock 1-bar OS with tons of fuel added via the Power Enrich table which is not the way to do it. That's the equivalent of 'thoughts and prayers'.
    Thank you Im going to get a 2-bar map os tune done.