Thread: Surging after pulling against converter

Surging after pulling against converter

I'm loosing my mind and missing something. I'm working wit a 2010 Camaro SS, Heads, Cam, Maggie car with a converter. It drives beautiful and makes great power. It only has one problem, when taking off from a stop pulling against the converter it will drop RPMs all the way down to 200 and then surge way up to 1500 if I let off the throttle. So moving in a parking lot is crazy with enough surging to chirp the tires, driving around is great and the rpms will just settle down to normal with no issue. So its that normal crazy surge pulling against the converter and then letting off at low speeds. any help would be appreciated.

Bad383TA
    Attached Files Attached Files

my 14 ss sedan used to do that too in a parking lot or if i were behind someone at a stop sign. if i moved forward it would actually shift to second gear and drop low then launch forward hard...my wife hated it. i just had to relax my over/under spark table. hope that helps.

Tuning Addict
    Your min air settings are wrong, which tells me your parked settings for the throttle plate are too low. Raise min, min fail, percent max and percent max brake until you need to pull out min air for the idle area. Your goal is to get adaptive to not swing as much and get min air requirement at idle down so the table is smooth. You'll also need to tweak adaptives and main spark after this, but it should clean it right up.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 04-29-2023 at 08:25 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC