Thread: 2011 gmc sierrra 1500 engine swap form 4.8 to 6.0 l96 need vvt delete file

Potential Tuner

2011 gmc sierrra 1500 engine swap form 4.8 to 6.0 l96 need vvt delete file

first off let me say im new here and have been doing tons of reading alot of info here on the site..very nice informative site

..i have a 2011 gmc sierra 1500 flex feul truck that came with a 4.8 liter vvt only motor no d.o.d and no a.f.m... i pulled the engine and replaced it with a L96 6.0 vvt only engine no d.o.d no a.f.m..

i rebuilt the 6.0 did a vvt delete and replaced the factory vvt cam with a brian tolloey truck norris non vvt cam specs are:
    212/226
    .553/.553
    lsa 107.5 is what on the card that came with the cam.
    installed shorty headers
    installed cold air intake

im new to tuning and am very cautious ..lol...dont want to ruin the motor.
    i have disabled the dtc p0010 and p0011
    i have set the cam from one to zero in the variable cam section...being new to this im very leary

the truck idles very rough i need a updated corrected tune for the truck to run right
    i do have the stock tune down loaded.

i use the truck as a daily driver and for towing a boat...not much else..lol

can anyone help me with a tune for this truck?
    Last edited by floatingcabin; 04-20-2023 at 03:00 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    First thing bump all the idle rpm tables up by about 150rpm to start with and add some idle airflow and see what it likes

Potential Tuner
    thanx my aplogiesfor the late response...will try that and see if it helps..thanx for the assistance .will update after i try it..very new to this so trying to learn a little along the way...will post up the current tune file when i get a chance

Potential Tuner
    fyi /update....third gear went out in the tranny having it rebuilt right now ...will post up a log file after its running again in a few days....not ignoring anyone here..thanx for your patients...