Thread: new to hp tuners and lost already

new to hp tuners and lost already

after hours and hours of youtube video's, then playing with the software suite a little....i run into my first question right off the bat

i'm putting a new 5.3 longblock from jeg's (hp-97) into my already swapped 92 Camaro with a 5.3/4l60e.
    this engine comes with a bigger cam, and i had to install larger injectors (accel #150136 36lbs/per hour)
    the car was previously tuned in texas but that was for stock cam and injectors.
    so before my first start up i wanted to update the injector data at very least before trying to drive it to a tuner.
    but from my research i need to tweak the following tables at very least:
    flow rate vs. kpa
    flow rate mult. vs. volts
    min inj. pulse vs. rpm
    offset vs. volts vs. vac
    short pulse adder

but the problem i see is injectors only came with this information:

Drive Circuit: "Saturated", R-C Voltage Suppression, 14.0 VDC
    Coil Resistance: 14.5 ohms
    Fuel Compatibility: Standard Gasolines and Ethanol Flex Fuels
    Fuel Pressure: 300 kPa (43.5 psi)
    Static Flow Rate: 252 gm/min n-Heptane
    Dynamic Flow Rate: 7.56 mg/pulse at 2.5 ms, 10 ms period (100 Hz)
    Approximated Time Offset: 0.70 ms
    Approximated Slope: 4.20 mg/ms
    Minimum Linear PW: 1.38 ms
    Linear Flow Range (SAE): 15.3
    Opening Time: 1.35 ms
    Closing Time 0.67 ms
    SMOV: 4.23 volts

so from this it looks like i can only populate the lbs per hour, minimum pw (if that's the same as linear pw), and maybe approx. time offset
    so my question is are my conclusions correct?
    is this enough data to make the ecm learn the injectors/ fill in the rest of the calculations on it's own?
    and if not how do i come by the rest of the data needed?

any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Accel/Holley/FAST/whatever other dirtbag no-data injectors are not meant for use with the stock GM PCM.

50.4lb @ 58 PSI:
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1887186 - uh-oh, price has gone up! Used to be $21/ea.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Accel/Holley/FAST/whatever other dirtbag no-data injectors are not meant for use with the stock GM PCM.
    there has got to be a way to make them work.....how the hell could jeg's, or any of those other performance stores get away with selling this crap then?....i refuse to believe i just made a $430 dollar mistake that can't be undone after all isn't it just a matter of inputting the right data?
    Last edited by JR92RS; 04-15-2023 at 02:01 AM.

They work just peachy with aftermarket ECUs. Holley injectors work great with Holley ECUs, FAST with FAST, Accel with Accel, etc.

Sure there's a way to make them work: send them off to an injector testing/qualification laboratory, give them several hundred (or thousand?) dollars, and they will generate all the characterization data for you. Easy!

50.4lb @ 58 PSI:
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1887186 - uh-oh, price has gone up! Used to be $21/ea.
    i don't even see the injector data for those on the website

Sure there's a way to make them work: send them off to an injector testing/qualification laboratory, give them several hundred (or thousand?) dollars, and they will generate all the characterization data for you. Easy!
    i sure hope it doesn't come down to that

Data for the 12613412 injectors comes from stock tune files for L96 pickup trucks. Already converted from Gen 4 to Gen 3 format. --> https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...efined-version

i went ahead and emailed accel, and jeg's to see if the engineers have these injector characterization tables tucked away in some spreadsheet somewhere.....it's probably a waste of time but it also can't hurt. you would think they would make this info readily available....i mean here is a whole community of people that apparently won't touch their products just for this reason....and i'm willing to bet hp tuners is not the only platform out there for tuning, so that's got to be a large number of customers they are missing out on.....makes no sense

You are living proof that they are still able to sell them just fine without providing stock-PCM-format data.

You are living proof that they are still able to sell them just fine without providing stock-PCM-format data.
    Yea but once other people learn they cant tune them they probably get returned....i unfortunately threw out the packaging after installing them on the fuel rail