Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Data for FIC LS Series 42lb @4 Bar for LS1/6

Tuning Data for FIC LS Series 42lb @4 Bar for LS1/6

Hi
    I received my new injectors from FIC along with the Tuning Data File. Unfortunately, there file does not have any table for min injector pulse nor does it include any value for short pulse limit.

My car is currently equipped with stock 28lb injectors.

Any input in regards to the above figures will be appreciated.

I have not contacted FIC yet about the two parameters mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Which FIC? Connection or Clinic? FI Clinic at least has their Full GM Data on the website. I think FI Connection does also.

Does FIC mean Fuel Injector Connection or Fuel Injector Clinic?

edit: too slow!

edit2: FIClinic has data on the website, FIConnection you have to email and ask for it. But for either, we'd have to know not only which of the two FICs it is but probably also a part number.

Sorry Gentlemen, it is Fuel Injector Connection
    Part Number: FICLS42

I have several FIConnection datasheets collected over the years, and all of them have all the needed data fields. Have you scrolled up/down/left/right and looked through any tabs at the bottom? (sometimes everything is on one long page, sometimes it's broken up into separate tabs)

I will check again one more time and see if the data I am looking for is available or not. Anyways, I have sent them an email and awaiting their reply. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I have several FIConnection datasheets collected over the years, and all of them have all the needed data fields. Have you scrolled up/down/left/right and looked through any tabs at the bottom? (sometimes everything is on one long page, sometimes it's broken up into separate tabs)
    Ok I have checked again, and here is what I have found:
    -under the tabs for ? plug and play Ford Data? and ? Plug and Play Chrysler Data?, the value for Min Injector Pulse Width is 0.3122 ms.

However, I could not find a value under the tab for ? Plug and Play GM data?. So I guess I can use the value given under the tabs for Ford and Chrysler Data). Correct?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 68camaroLS6 View Post
    Ok I have checked again, and here is what I have found:
    -under the tabs for ? plug and play Ford Data? and ? Plug and Play Chrysler Data?, the value for Min Injector Pulse Width is 0.3122 ms.

However, I could not find a value under the tab for ? Plug and Play GM data?. So I guess I can use the value given under the tabs for Ford and Chrysler Data). Correct?
    No, wait until you get the GM data.

Which exact FIC injectors? I did all of their flow and characterization measurements for them on my Fuel Injector Test Bench.

1) Short Pulse Limit - DO NOT CHANGE THIS from the factory value of 4.00 I follow the same characterization strategy as GM does and provide data in the short pulse adder table all the way up to 4.0ms if necessary. In practice, you'll see a lot of zeros on the big end of this table, just like most OEM calibrations.

2) Min Pulse - Again, you should not be anywhere near hitting this on injectors that small, so no real need to change the factory value. If you can identify exactly which injector you have, I can look up what I found to be the minimum for it, but it's going to be far less than your idle/cruise PW. Stock LS1 usually has a value of 1.27ms, where the LS3/7 injector uses 0.797ms, both are way below the typical 2.xxms idle/cruise pulse for them on an LS.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Which exact FIC injectors? I did all of their flow and characterization measurements for them on my Fuel Injector Test Bench.
    I thought you did the work for "Fuel Injector Clinic" not "Fuel Injector Connection". Have I got those backward?

1) Short Pulse Limit - DO NOT CHANGE THIS from the factory value of 4.00 I follow the same characterization strategy as GM does and provide data in the short pulse adder table all the way up to 4.0ms if necessary. In practice, you'll see a lot of zeros on the big end of this table, just like most OEM calibrations.

2) Min Pulse - Again, you should not be anywhere near hitting this on injectors that small, so no real need to change the factory value. If you can identify exactly which injector you have, I can look up what I found to be the minimum for it, but it's going to be far less than your idle/cruise PW. Stock LS1 usually has a value of 1.27ms, where the LS3/7 injector uses 0.797ms, both are way below the typical 2.xxms idle/cruise pulse for them on an LS.
    Thanks Greg for the input and offer. My injectors as I mentioned are from Fuel Injector Connection, Boasch 42lb for LS1/LS6 as per their website. I posted the part number in my previous post.
    After installing the new injectors and prior to inputing tuning data in hptuners, the car was running rich and AFR was around 11:1. After inputing the injectors data , it started to run too lean around 17 to 18 AFR. My stock min injector pulse is 1.26ms.
    Not sure if getting the new min injector pulse will change anything or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    No, wait until you get the GM data.
    Fuel injector connection just sent me the value for min injector pulse, and it is 0.386ms.

Senior Tuner
    Have they provided you with all of the data the other FIC supplies?
    Sample can be viewed here, I just grabbed one at random.
    https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/GM-DATA/HP-TUNERS-0525

Post your tune and the "Connection" data so someone can confirm that you put the data in correctly. Also a log. What are the details of your fuel system and what pressure are you running.

Have they provided you with all of the data the other FIC supplies?
    Sample can be viewed here, I just grabbed one at random.
    https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/GM-DATA/HP-TUNERS-0525

Post your tune and the "Connection" data so someone can confirm that you put the data in correctly. Also a log. What are the details of your fuel system and what pressure are you running.
    Thanks gtstorey.
    Yes the had provided me the tuning data earlier in a USB memory stick and the Min Injector Pulse was missing.

I Will update my tune with this value and see how it goes with this lean condition. I am going to post my tune file hoping to get some feedback for any enhancement.

I thought you did the work for "Fuel Injector Clinic" not "Fuel Injector Connection". Have I got those backward?
    I can 100% assure you that I did the work with CONNECTION. I have no idea where Clinic is getting their data, as it does not match what I measured for some Connection injectors that are common between the two.

Senior Tuner
    I can 100% assure you that I did the work with CONNECTION. I have no idea where Clinic is getting their data, as it does not match what I measured for some Connection injectors that are common between the two.
    10-4, you had just said FIC and I didn't know if you had read all of the post to see which one he had used.

Quote Originally Posted by 68camaroLS6 View Post
    Thanks Greg for the input and offer. My injectors as I mentioned are from Fuel Injector Connection, Boasch 42lb for LS1/LS6 as per their website. I posted the part number in my previous post.
    After installing the new injectors and prior to inputing tuning data in hptuners, the car was running rich and AFR was around 11:1. After inputing the injectors data , it started to run too lean around 17 to 18 AFR. My stock min injector pulse is 1.26ms.
    Not sure if getting the new min injector pulse will change anything or not.
    If you are already too lean, reducing the minimum allowed injector pulse will not fix it. Provided your new injector data matches your actual injectors, I would next check your airflow models (MAF and VE, separately) for error in open loop.

If you are already too lean, reducing the minimum allowed injector pulse will not fix it. Provided your new injector data matches your actual injectors, I would next check your airflow models (MAF and VE, separately) for error in open loop.
    Thanks Greg for the input. You are right most likely I will need to rework on my VE table and MAF tuning.
    Earlier the VE and MAF tuning were done when I had my old cold air intake tube, that was made out of stainless steel and was getting too hot. At that time the AFR was right at the stoich 14.7:1

However, once I installed a new cold air intake made out of aluminum, the AFR at idle has become too lean 18:1.

Not sure if the change of tune material has anything to do with it.

Senior Tuner
    MAF location changed? Tube Diameter Changed? Material change won't do that. I also wouldn't expect much temperature change from the material change, other than maybe for very short term.

The MAF itself doesn't care too much about temperature. The VE model, however, does. If you previously tuned around either incorrect injector or IAT data, you'll have to walk that back out to make it right with new, correct injector data.