Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Tuning MAF and VVE at the Same Time

Senior Tuner
    There's always room for improvement. These new version filters are pretty good, but not perfect. The constants are your 'tuning knobs' if anyone would like to dial them in further.

I need to reiterate again (in bold this time), these new filter versions severely bog down the scanner on loading large logs. E.g. if you've got a 20+MB log, you're best to go boil the jug and make a coffee.

There is nothing wrong / defective with the old version filters if the bogging down pisses you off.

They are an alternative, not a replacement to the old version filters.

Happy tuning you lot.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 02-12-2024 at 03:53 PM. Reason: bold

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    GMVE method is due to (1) the defect in the HPT scanner that limits the MAF and VVE values and (2) "I've only ever tuned boosted."
    Lol, I'll have to confess at some point; my tuning examples are limited to friends and family at the appropriately discounted rate of $0 per tune + a 4 slab beer tax + credits. I like beer.

Senior Tuner
    Have these filters not been useful?
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post748278

Senior Tuner
    They are fine. Only thing I didn't like is whilst they were good at detecting stability, after a transient event the airflows would stabilise allowing data to pass through, yet the closed loop fuel correction hadn't stabilised thereby passing unstable fuel trim data into the scanner graph. Picking at straws.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Sorry, I do not have any experience on Gen3's and I do not know if Dynamic Air is implemented the same way as it is on Gen 4 and Gen 5. If it is not accessible in your scanner, then I think you have your answer and you are going to have to use the legacy methods for tuning.
    Update for the gen3 crowd. I have been using this method with Sirius' applicable filters for MAF on my gen 3 with success. Much quicker and more accurate than older methods with definite improvements in drivability. I have not found a way forward that I trust to do speed density simultaneously, I'm just a newb with a laptop and a busy life. Regardless this seems the right method for gen3 MAF as well.