Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dipping idle after coming to stop

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Attachment 130292
    The min fuel milligrams in the transient table can cause this issue. I think i mentioned these earlier. After this adjustment, you may find some areas too lean. Please let us know
    This is an important tip. The ECM sees map bouncing around and assumes it's transient related even when it isn't.. The min adders are way to much with bigger injectors. This will mess up VE tuning.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    This is an important tip. The ECM sees map bouncing around and assumes it's transient related even when it isn't.. The min adders are way to much with bigger injectors. This will mess up VE tuning.
    Wait, you're telling me it's adding transient fuel from MAP even though the pedal is at 0%?
    That's the only reason I haven't touched it yet because I'm used to seeing transient associated with change in TPS.

If you look at the injector pulse width, it doesn't jump up until the RPMs have already dipped, so I don't think that's causing it.
    Last edited by phuz; 04-25-2023 at 03:57 PM.
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)

Senior Tuner
    Yes, zero it out and see how much it leans out.. Even at 0% TPS idle
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs