Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Erratic results from AFR Error

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    yes?I have nothing showing on the scan for the lt/stft?s My o2 sensors are powered on and showing voltage changes. Without physically unplugging them, is there a way to make sure they are disable and not causing any fueling issues. Or will they still scan but not affect the fueling unless unplugged?
    All you posted here was 3 pics that I see but the results show you are making progress so you must ahve changed your tune file to disable STFT in OL.
    NB o2 They do not affect the OL fuel. The voltage will report but not the ST LT trims because that is turned off in OL.

im in az, right now its 75 ish, but soon itll be 110 daily. Ugh. I do drive this vehicle as much as possible, I?ll keep the maf/and go back into closed loop once im done playing with it.

Zero has changed in 15,000 miles other than me now playhing with AF ratios etc. It?s never bucked before, only now/currently. So, im not worried about being in 3rd or not locked up, because it has never been an issue, ever.
    You mentioned changing the TCC to 40 mph, about where you mention the bucking to occur. Did you try putting that back to where it was and see you still have bucking?
    This timing table is the one I was talking about.
    This timing table is bad.JPG

why do you say this about the timing? I only ask, because the timing and fuel tables are what I am learning with, and had no way to check the tune I had paid for 3 years ago. Now that I am able to, I was able to see the fueling was off across the board and once I get that dialed in, ill adjust timing. I have very little retard, maybe a degree or 2 when I either pull to much fuel or add too much, but mostly zero retard across the scale.
    Looks like more than that at least in this log. You don't want to look at the graph's average for retard, I use a chart vs time too. more than a little retard.JPG

I don?t know what AC means? Does the picture have what youre asking?
    I must have been reviewing a different log or I was tired. I thought you were using the AC pressure sensor for WB input not Prolink.

Advanced Tuner
    That lean scan has been remedied probably 300 miles ago 😊

Thank you for always replying, I have learned a lot.

One thing that sticks out, is how many people say to tune with the NBs and only use WB for WOT.
    I get told that nearly everyday.

Advanced Tuner
    I sometimes do that too, especially in the beginning unknown injectors or a remote tune. I "need" the ECM to make the corrections because I am not on site to stop a lean condition. I have to correct it after the fact. The vehicle will generally be running in CL after calibrated anyway so using the NB trims is a good thing. You would want to see the NB in action and it may point out a problem in the CL system.

Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    One thing that sticks out, is how many people say to tune with the NBs and only use WB for WOT.
    I get told that nearly everyday.

Nobody does that. Aftermarket ECU Rarely even come with narrowbands anymore. Only people here on this forum are still doing that, and it will eventually change over time once they realize widebands are narrowbands without a limitation.

It is comfortable to keep doing the same thing but it also prevents you from growing and progressing.