Thread: turbo goes lean when i let off the gas

Potential Tuner

turbo goes lean when i let off the gas

99 silverado with 88mm turbo. took it for a first drive and it went 7:1 afr in some spots. cleaned up ve talbe best i could mostly runs very rich.
    running 7lbs booost with 50lbs injectors(yes i know they are small i dont have the transmition swapped out yet. i attatched the first and second tune and the log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Returnless fuel system with smallish injectors plus boost isn't helping. A referenced regulator will let the injectors support more power.

Do you have the MAF completely removed, or just failed? Cause if it's removed it'll never get to 100Hz and fail over into SD properly. MAF Fail High should be 0Hz.

Potential Tuner
    has corvette filter. maf is removed has iat installed. went with small injectors and low boost to start.

Tuner
    Has it still got fuel cut enabled perhaps ?
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Boost with a non-1:1 referenced regulator has the same effect on injector flow as reducing fuel pressure. Makes the injectors flow less the more boost rises, since fuel pressure doesn't also increase.

Again, if the MAF is removed, how's it ever going to hit your 100Hz Fail High target and set the codes and go into speed density?