Thread: PCM mileage correction

Tuner in Training

PCM mileage correction

The correct mileage on the truck (showing on the cluster and title) is approximately 195k but the PCM was replaced and the the mileage on the PCM shows 126k.

Is there a way in HPtuners to raise the mileage on the PCM so that it matches the mileage of the vehicle/cluster/title or do I have to go to the dealer for this correction? I have to run this truck through emissions and can't/ don't want any discrepancies. I was able to update the vin so it matches the vehicle but not the mileage

Senior Tuner
    Odometer Mileage is typically stored in the BCM. But I guess that maybe some trucks didn't do it this way?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Odometer Mileage is typically stored in the BCM. But I guess that maybe some trucks didn't do it this way?
    This is the mileage I'd like to correct

PCM mileage.jpg

Senior Tuner
    That 12600480 isn't the mileage. It's the ID number for the speedometer module.

Senior Tuner
    That is the speedometer settings ie rear gear ratio and tire size specific to the vehicle for speedometer calibration. Odometer is stored in the gauge cluster. There are shops around here that specialize in cluster repair and they can change the mileage.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    That 12600480 isn't the mileage. It's the ID number for the speedometer module.
    Until you wrote out that number, I hadn't even noticed it was too many numbers lol. THANKS FOR THE INFO! I thought it was the mileage, now I feel dumb haha

Well that was my last concern before running it through emissions so fingers crossed everything goes well :thumbsup: