Thread: Primary VE table numbers in the thousands?

Potential Tuner

Primary VE table numbers in the thousands?

I just grabbed this tune off of a friends boosted GTO drivetrain with a E40 pcm.

I don't know who tuned it before but I am failing to understand what is throwing the VE numbers way way beyond what I would expect? With the table scaled to % i am seeing 2,2xx at full rpm/load and 1,200 at idle

Its also making 8psi boost and the table stops at 105kpa so that is confusing me as well.

Still learning HPT coming from other software so please forgive if I am missing something obvious, any reading material advice is apprecieated.

S13BoostBase.hpt

That is normal for how these computers operate.

P01 and P59 computers will show like 0-300 because they are GEN 3 controllers, the GEN 4 computers like the E40, E67, E38 etc etc will show the VE in thousands.

If you want to tune the VE for boost you will need to apply the 2 bar OS upgrade in the OS tab and install a 2 bar MAP sensor into the vehicle, then put in the correct sensor settings.

Depending on what fuel he is using and pump pressure it's a good bet that the injectors may need to be larger so that enough fuel is there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the info and links.

I think it already has the 2-bar OS upgrade installed. Is there a way to re-scale the tables to get to 160+ kpa? Is that based purely on MAP settings?

This car has been running for a long time with this tune, so it strikes me as odd that the VE table stops at 105kpa. What does it do when the boost comes on, just carry the final column forward?

S13OS.png

It says "apply code modification", which means it's still available. The calibration details page would also show a 2 bar OS upgrade if it was applied.

Yes, it just carries the final column forward. But this tune was done basically MAF only, they lower the dynamic airflow settings really far down so it doesn't use the MAF/VE combo like normal. Though the VE is still working in the background so it should still be tuned.

The 2 BAR OS will give you a Boost VE table as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.