Thread: i Just cant seem to get it tuned right . i really need some help

Tuner in Training

i Just cant seem to get it tuned right . i really need some help

my current tune and idle scan will be attached ,
    i think my spark advance might be off. its really really boggy. and i just cant get it dialed in . i would really love to hit the pedal and it to respond and just go and its not. im really frustrated. it might be running rich or lean. i dont know what to do.
    another issue im having is .. when i come to a stop the idle wants to rev up and down sometimes low enough to where it dies.
    lm7 5.3 engine ..specs include
    New camshaft. intake dur- .050 : 228
    exhaust dur- .050 : 230
    intake valve lift .585
    exhaust lift .585
    lobe sep : 112
    ingtake cent- 108
    283-286
    ls1 rocker arms tunnion
    new ls1 oil pump
    tbss air intake with fuel rail (new -stock injectors) and iridium spark plugs
    fuel system is a return kind but i have a C5 VETTE fuel filter setup
    throttle body adapter fopr stock throttle body 92mm
    hp spark plug wires
    new coil packs
    upgrade Elgin hydralkic lifters and rods
    1218 springs
    Cold air intake original ecm
    new o2 sensors
    and lots of blood and tears
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    also did egr delete

Senior Tuner
    What vehicle is this in? Swap? Weight of vehicle? Tire size? Rear gear ratio? What transmission? If auto, i see no mention of a higher stall converter. You are moving the tq and hp a lot higher in the rpm band with that cam.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by josepht View Post
    also did egr delete
    It needs the VE table to be dialed in. Then you can adjust the Min Air table. Those two changes will help the idle issue.

You also need to change the target PE value to a more reasonable number. At this point, it's set to 3.0. It needs to be in the 1.14-1.18 range for your application.

Feel free to send a message if you want help. There are several of us that do this for a living.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by josepht View Post
    my current tune and idle scan will be attached ,
    i think my spark advance might be off. its really really boggy. and i just cant get it dialed in . i would really love to hit the pedal and it to respond and just go and its not. im really frustrated. it might be running rich or lean. i dont know what to do.
    another issue im having is .. when i come to a stop the idle wants to rev up and down sometimes low enough to where it dies.
    lm7 5.3 engine ..specs include
    New camshaft. intake dur- .050 : 228
    exhaust dur- .050 : 230
    intake valve lift .585
    exhaust lift .585
    lobe sep : 112
    ingtake cent- 108
    283-286
    ls1 rocker arms tunnion
    new ls1 oil pump
    tbss air intake with fuel rail (new -stock injectors) and iridium spark plugs
    fuel system is a return kind but i have a C5 VETTE fuel filter setup
    throttle body adapter fopr stock throttle body 92mm
    hp spark plug wires
    new coil packs
    upgrade Elgin hydralkic lifters and rods
    1218 springs
    Cold air intake original ecm
    new o2 sensors
    and lots of blood and tears
    The tune is a bit of a mess.. you have plenty of timing in it.. maybe too much at wide open. I'd say likely even.

The log didn't show much but it does look rich which will cause idle surging. The injectors aren't setup right for fix fuel pressure like you'd have with a C5 regulator/filter. You will need to eventually do SD or VE tuning with that cam to get the best driveablity.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs