Thread: First LS Swap. Need Help.

First LS Swap. Need Help.

So just finished my first LS swap in my 69 gmc 1500. Got the swap from a 2002 yukon.5.3 with the 4l60e has a TSP stage 2 cam 212/218 .600/.600 112 LSA. Also has a TBSS manifold with rails and injectors( PN 12594512) and a 92mm tb. Running a corvette FPR. Speed Engineering long tube headers. Has the MAF plugged in but not connected to the TB. not sure if that is causing any issues Removed the vats,evap and second o2 sensors from the dtc also changed the injectors from 25lb to 36lb. truck starts for a second or 2 and dies. verified fuel pressure with gauge. im thinking its in the tune maybe. was hoping someone could help me out and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advanced for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreaseMonkey661; 03-07-2023 at 12:12 AM.

12594512s were used in LMG/LC9 5.3L flex fuel trucks, not TBSS stuff.

'Corvette FPR' means what, the filter-regulator thing with an in, an out, and a return? When you verified fuel pressure, what number was it? (I have seen people come on here and say 'yep fuel pressure is good, it goes to 90psi and stays there so I know that's not the problem')

yes the filter regulator in one with the in out and return. fuel pressure is 70psi when I turn on the key settles at 58psi

Injector data with a non-referenced regulator must be sloped to compensate for the flow rate change. Yours is set up flat, only correct for a referenced regulator where pressure across the injector is always constant.

Try this:
    c15 file (vats removed inj value updated dtc removed) - 12594512 58psi non-referenced.hpt

I only changed relevant injector data.

You have a bunch of stuff to clean up in the DTC tab - stuff I'm pretty sure you aren't using in a swap is still on (EVAP? EGR? downstream O2s? EBCM/DIC/etc.), some theft deterrent codes still on too.

Thank you. Ill try this as soon as I get home today.

Potential Tuner
    subscribed Total newbie and reading to learn all I can

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Injector data with a non-referenced regulator must be sloped to compensate for the flow rate change. Yours is set up flat, only correct for a referenced regulator where pressure across the injector is always constant.

Try this:
    c15 file (vats removed inj value updated dtc removed) - 12594512 58psi non-referenced.hpt

I only changed relevant injector data.

You have a bunch of stuff to clean up in the DTC tab - stuff I'm pretty sure you aren't using in a swap is still on (EVAP? EGR? downstream O2s? EBCM/DIC/etc.), some theft deterrent codes still on too.
    i tried it with the new map and i also attached the MAF to the tb i was able to get it to stay on. waiting on my fitting to verify oil pressure before i run it for a bit longer

here is the log with the maf attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    your battery voltage is 11.8, is the ALT hooked up? Also, that scan file only shows open loop, when you get your oil pressure figured out, lets see a full scan, after you do idle tuning (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...dCDR6D7t30xBWA )