Thread: Any tuners near Winston Salem, NC??

Tuner in Training

Any tuners near Winston Salem, NC??

Is anybody near Winston Salem, NC who might want to make a house call? I need to get my son?s 1991 Z28 sorted out in the next 2-3 weeks and I?m kind of stuck. It will start, and it will idle, but as soon as fuel trims kick in, it?s gets crazy in a hurry. I have VCM Suite and an MVPI3. I?ll pay for your time. Thanks!

Chris

Senior Tuner
    Is 1991 a typo? Or is this a swap?

The amount of tuning possible for a 1991 is going to be minimal and not done with HPT.

Senior Tuner
    Wasn’t paying attention to the name, but you still might to want to throw some details on here to get some interest in a local tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, it?s a swap. I was typing to quickly. It?s a 2003 5.3 out of a Tahoe. Tahoe harness integrated into 3rd Gen harness, Blue/Green 2003 PCM, 4L60E, correct TAC module, etc. it will start and idle until the O2 sensors come into play. After that, it goes to hell. I?m at Charlotte airport waiting for a flight, but my son is swapping in some new Denso O2 sensors right now to rule out bad sensors. I can post a tune, or I?ve got a ?please help the newbie? thread here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...son-s-drag-car

Senior Tuner
    You were told some specific things to check.

Tuner in Training
    also interested as im next door in Greensboro NC

Potential Tuner
    I would like to second finding a local tuner near the Greensboro area, I have a 1999 Silverado new body style with the 5.3 motor and I done a EGR delete. I’m getting a EGR check engine light as well as a system lean code. I would be interested in paying a tuner to come tune the EGR to be off as well as maybe the EVAP. I was considering buying a hp tuner but it’s a steep price for my one time use.