Thread: Need manual segment swap for OS 9379910

Need manual segment swap for OS 9379910

Trying to help a friend out, he has the above OS in his 99 Silverado and is going manual trans. I can't seem to find an OS that will allow me to segment swap.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Tuner
    Isn't there a drop down menu under the transmission tab>general>trans type that allows a selection for manual transmission?
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
    Isn't there a drop down menu under the transmission tab>general>trans type that allows a selection for manual transmission?
    The drop down menu will not work. It requires a segment swap to make it work properly.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The drop down menu will not work. It requires a segment swap to make it work properly.
    Ok thanks for that information!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
    Trying to help a friend out, he has the above OS in his 99 Silverado and is going manual trans. I can't seem to find an OS that will allow me to segment swap.
    Can you be a little more specific on 99 Silverado. I looked at HPtuners repository and did not see 9379910
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Senior Tuner
    Look at all the 4.8's files in the repository.

You can get by without a segment swap but you won't have reverse lockout. Some hotrods are wired to release the reverse lock out when you press the brake to get around this.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Look at all the 4.8's files in the repository.

You can get by without a segment swap but you won't have reverse lockout. Some hotrods are wired to release the reverse lock out when you press the brake to get around this.
    Thank you, that's probably what I'll end up having to do. Someone is poaching all the decent ecms from the pull a part, friend ended up with this one and I couldn't find a compatible OS I could swap with.

Senior Tuner
    Thank you, that's probably what I'll end up having to do. Someone is poaching all the decent ecms from the pull a part, friend ended up with this one and I couldn't find a compatible OS I could swap with.
    I honestly don't know if they ever paired a 5.3 or bigger with a manual in those years.. so 4.8 is going to be the ticket.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I honestly don't know if they ever paired a 5.3 or bigger with a manual in those years.. so 4.8 is going to be the ticket.
    I've been all over the repository and forum trying to find the OS needed but unfortunately have come up empty handed. Reason I created this post reaching out hoping someone had a viable tune I could use. I haven't really gotten any trans related codes with the tune I installed, but was worried something might come up when the truck gets on the road. If the only thing I need to worry about is the reverse lockout, that's easily handled as you mentioned above.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Senior Tuner
    I've been all over the repository and forum trying to find the OS needed but unfortunately have come up empty handed. Reason I created this post reaching out hoping someone had a viable tune I could use. I haven't really gotten any trans related codes with the tune I installed, but was worried something might come up when the truck gets on the road. If the only thing I need to worry about is the reverse lockout, that's easily handled as you mentioned above.
    Yeah that is really it.. I do a ton of hot rods done this way. For some reason harness/swap guys often use not great OS's for swaps and we have to work aroudn them like this.

You can just delete the trans codes, all the TM and let it roll.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Senior Tuner
    I would use a 02 4.8L M5 file and tune it for the 5.3 hardware. They are plentiful. Many advantages of a 02 OS over a 99 OS.