Thread: 1998 C5 Corvette STFT Disable

Potential Tuner

1998 C5 Corvette STFT Disable

Hello all,

I have tried a search for this, but all the info is very diluted and does not point to the answer I am looking for.

I am working on my 1998 C5 Corvette. I have installed a CAM and am in the process of tuning. I am trying to tune the MAF first, and have had no issue disabling the LTFT. All the posts I can find say to just toggle the "disable STFT" under Fuel > Open Loop, however I have no such dropdown option. It is missing altogether. With this option missing how can I shut down the STFT?

Thanks in advance,

Allen

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune.

Are you looking in advanced mode?

Potential Tuner

Tune

Vett 2nd Try NO LTFT more fueling.hpt

I am checking on the advanced mode.

Potential Tuner
    I checked on the advance mode. I am currently in it.

Is STFT actually still active in open loop, or are you just looking for a setting somebody said you were supposed to change?

Potential Tuner
    Blindsquirrel,

When I am scanning I can see the STFT bouncing around so I assume they are still active.

Senior Tuner
    The option to turn off STFTs is not available on 97-98 Vette or 98 F-body calibrations. You could try turning off fuel trim learn in the scanner bi-directional controls but that might just disable the LTFTs. I haven't tried that.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 03-02-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Tuner
    There is usually a ECT qualifier for open loop. Set it to something high.

Some, but mostly trucks will use STFT in OL. Typically there is a drop down to disable/enable it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    There is usually a ECT qualifier for open loop. Set it to something high.

Some, but mostly trucks will use STFT in OL. Typically there is a drop down to disable/enable it.
    Yes but STFTs can still be active in open loop. I'm not sure how the PCM does that but the later calibrations have the STFT Openloop Enable/Disable switch. the 97-98s do not.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Yes but STFTs can still be active in open loop. I'm not sure how the PCM does that but the later calibrations have the STFT Openloop Enable/Disable switch. the 97-98s do not.
    I've not seen STFT still working with them set STFT OL disabled.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs