Thread: RPM's dropping too slowly when clutch engaged.

Potential Tuner

RPM's dropping too slowly when clutch engaged.

Greetings all, new here and trying to learn. Just got my mpvi3.

So about a month ago I bought a 2016 Chevy SS 6MT with a magnuson TVS2300 heartbeat SC and ARH longtube headers. No other mods to the car. When I bought it from the previous owner, he told me where it was tuned. It had a slight issue that when cold, sometimes the rpm's would drop too low when pressing in the clutch and it would surge then stall.

Took the car back to the original tuner and he looked at it and said that it didn't appear to have his tune anymore, as he always did speed density. He did make some quick changes and now it idles much better. Driving home it seemed fine, but shortly after, it seems that everytime I go to shift, the RPM's take forever to fall and I find Im waiting 1-2 seconds before I can go into the next gear. I'll be honest in that I am not fully sure I feel confident with this tuner, which is why I'd rather not go back to him.

Could any of you assist me in
    A.) Telling me what may be causing the RPM's to drop so slowly. I'd like them to operate like a standard manual, as it is annoying to drive right now.
    B.) Give a cursory glance that my tune appears safe. This is my daily, and my first car with a power adder. I'm very good at tuning older vehicles with carbs, but this is my first go round with EFI tuning, and so I want to have a good starting baseline and be extra cautious.

I wouldn't have any issues paying for peoples time if they are reputable.

Thank you all.

Here is my tune, pulled last night.2016SSCurrent-02-28-23.hpt

I can pull a log file this week, though I'd like to ensure a safe tune before I try any WOT pulls. I don't have a wideband on the car, only the stock o2's I believe.

Tuning Addict
    Give this one a try. If it doesn't help any you'll need to post a short log focused on this issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Will do, thank you.