Thread: Cold start help

Potential Tuner

Cold start help

Hi, im new to hp and tuning in general. I had a friend help tune my 07 tahoe not to much done to the truck. Headers, cold air intake, catback, and a chuck norris cam. When the truck was tuned it was during the summer months well now thar its winter ive been struggling to get the tune to work with me. I ended up getting the hp stuff to try and get the tune done myself cause he has not been able to get it any closer. The main issue is the start up. With the stock tune it fires right up but with the tune thar was done it fires up then dies then for the news few times tryi g to start it you have to play with the pedal to get it to fire. It usually takes 5 to 10 times before it will stay running. Once it starts it smoles like a train tell it starts to warm up. Seems super rich bit we have tried removing fuel from 5 to 20 % we have even tryed adding fuel and nothing changes. Ive also compared the base tune with the stock and cant see anything out of the ordinary so im at a loss and asking for some help

Tuning Addict
    You'll need to post the current tune file and corresponding log file of it warming up.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    How do you attach a file on here

Senior Tuner
    choose the ''go advanced'' for your post and then u can add attachment

Potential Tuner
    Ive looked through all that and i do not see anything thats allows me to add an attachment. When you are new to the forum does it restrict you from adding some things ?

Senior Tuner
    u should be able to see this when u do a msg, when ur in there u should see a paper clip that when u hover over it it will say attachment u press to add a file

Senior Tuner
    then this, once it uploads it wont show in the msg until u post it up then it will show on the forum post

Potential Tuner
    Ill try it from my computer tomorrow. It dont show that from the website when using it on the phone.

Potential Tuner

tunes

Baseline 2007 tahoe 5.3l.hptadjusted baseline 1.hptfirst log.hpl

if these don't work, I can email then to whom ever

here is my stock baseline vs my adjusted baseline tun. also, my first log. now I didn't tune this myself this tune was done for me over the summer. I'm still working with the guy but I'm green when it comes to this so I'm learning so don't beat me up to bad.

also, over the past week that the car has been struggling with the cold starts it is now acting like it wants to drive itself. when in gear and idling down say when you're coming to a stop the car will pick back up about 200 rpms just enough it shifts into 2nd gear. and when coasting say when you're doing 45mph the rpms drop super slow i can drive about half a mile off the throttle before it drops down even 5 mph and that's on a flat road. any ideas on that also?
    Last edited by Snakebite03; 03-01-2023 at 12:04 PM.