Thread: different maps for a 21 mustang 5.0

Tuner in Training

different maps for a 21 mustang 5.0

Hello everyone,
    Testing my current tune i have on the car and all feels good. My question is, my car has normal, sport, track, and drag mode. My car feels faster on normal mode and Definitely pulls harder than any other setting, but the shifting on drag mode is hellacious and id love to have that same shift firmness for my tune. Looking at the trans maps on vcm editor, they have options for base, cooling red, cooling red 2, dsc, eco, hill descend, mud, sand, snow. Which one of those is the drag mode map ??? Is it the dsc? If so, do i have to copy my tables for my tune i made to the dsc tables as well to make the car perform the same no matter what mode the dash says its in ? Thanks again for the help.

It all comes to converter settings, in D part throttle it commands TCC slip around 200rpm constantly while in SST mode its locked at 0rpm.

Now Drag Mode is all about pressure/shift character.

Tuner in Training
    roger that, thankyou for explaining. How accurate are the afr gauges on the dash of these cars in regards to running e85.
    I filled up with e85 today, approx. 10 gallons , had about 3 gallons or so of 93 octane left from my last tank. Factory afr at idle was 14.5-14.7, now my idle afr on the dash is 11.3 at idle and 9.9 at wot but on vcm scanner i am reading 1.0 lambda at idle and wot is .81 ... Also the only parameter i can find to see the fuel octane or ethanol % is a tab called inferred octane. It has not changed from 91 octane. Am i viewing the wrong parameter or is this one supposed to change once the car sees the higher ethanol content being ran through the fuel system? Monitoring knock retard i have only seen 3 degrees of knock retard which i would feel safe saying that the knock value is fine. Also during the 4 to 5 shift, i seem to have impeccable timing shifting the car manually with the paddles just as the converter is locking up, which almost every time ive done this i have noticed the car will add a misfire to the current key cycle misfire counter. Is that normal? Or am i definitely screwing up big time? Thankyou very much for the response and insight. I really do appreciate it .