Thread: 8L90 No BCM , TUTD not working

Potential Tuner

8L90 No BCM , TUTD not working

Hello i am having problems to make work the TUTD , i have t87A tcm, i connect a speartech shifter / reverse can bus relay, i connect the cables on obd2 port pin 6 ( can + ) pin 14 ( can - ) and nothing happens, reverse light is working, on vcm edit TUTD i can make it enable or disable as the type serial or hardwired and nothing still works

Does Speartech not offer support for their products?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hello i am having problems to make work the TUTD , i have t87A tcm, i connect a speartech shifter / reverse can bus relay, i connect the cables on obd2 port pin 6 ( can + ) pin 14 ( can - ) and nothing happens, reverse light is working, on vcm edit TUTD i can make it enable or disable as the type serial or hardwired and nothing still works
    did you get this fixed, Im having the same issue.

Potential Tuner
    I believe I am having the same issue. Speartech is of no use here, they made some $$ off of me and so has HPTuners. I read that a Corvette tune will fix this, but which tune. My engine/ECM/TCM are from 2018 truck. 8l90 tranny. I have this installed in a Rock Crawler and need to be able to control shifts. Driving me crazy. Ongoing problem for almost 5 years. HpTuners wants me to pay for credits to try, without any help to decide which tune from the repository to use. At my own risk and $$$. I know there is an answer out there, just need to share it with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallymetal View Post
    I believe I am having the same issue. Speartech is of no use here, they made some $$ off of me and so has HPTuners. I read that a Corvette tune will fix this, but which tune. My engine/ECM/TCM are from 2018 truck. 8l90 tranny. I have this installed in a Rock Crawler and need to be able to control shifts. Driving me crazy. Ongoing problem for almost 5 years. HpTuners wants me to pay for credits to try, without any help to decide which tune from the repository to use. At my own risk and $$$. I know there is an answer out there, just need to share it with the rest of us.

If Speartech sold you a kit that was supposed to support 8L90 TUTD function, then they need to sort this out for you. If you are unwilling to litigate this issue, then move on.

Experimentation requires both time and money.

If you are unwilling to commit resources to this endeavor, then you will never get it working - it is as simple as that.

Also, you cannot expect businesses (commercial tuners, build shops, etc.) to share proprietary information just because you asked.

I am a retired business owner.

About 10 years ago, I invested 3 months of my time (500 hours) and over 800 ECM flashes, to get standalone Cruise Control functionality sorted out for all E67 ECM operating systems. Cruise Control was a popular request from customers, which arguably made the R & D investment worthwhile (I think that I eventually broke even on the investment).

I would never publicly post this information, nor any information, that constitutes the intellectual property of my business.

Most business owners would agree.

Tuner in Training
    What tap shift product do you have? Reach back out to Speartech and talk with me, JUSTIN. Provide an order number and we can discuss your concern. All tap shift products were initially programmed with Corvette tune compatibility only. However, we've had a few folks recently have success with truck files and different programs in our CAN module.
    Your CAN relay must be programmed for it and the tune in the TCM must be unlocked without ANY trouble codes pending. The ABS and BCM codes in the T87A must be disabled or no tap shift will work from anyone.

I do NOT, nor does anyone at Speartech, monitor forums. So please reach out directly to us for support.

This is works for gen v truck and car os just like factory. No TCM programming needed.
    https://www.swaptimeusa.com/store/p1...ar_Module.html

Potential Tuner
    Nice! I will look into your solution Mitch. I will report back. Thanks!
    Last edited by Totallymetal; 11-01-2023 at 06:56 PM.

Tuner
    These will work as well. We had these out long before Speartech copied them. http://www.rpmextreme.com/Category/7...-LS-Swaps.aspx

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vannatta20 View Post
    This is works for gen v truck and car os just like factory. No TCM programming needed. word search
    [url]https://www.swaptimeusa.com/store/p10/Muscle_Car_Module.html
    I recently pulled the tune out of a 2014 vette a few weeks ago and in order to save the file