Thread: 2016 doge charger 5.7 tune file needed - car just shuts off when warm

Advanced Tuner

2016 doge charger 5.7 tune file needed - car just shuts off when warm

Hey Guys, have a stock 16 5.7 Charger. Looks like the car might have been previously modified. Does anyone have the stock tune file for one? 5.7 Charger...2016 auto?

Car runs a rich at start up but drives fine. Once it's warmed up it shuts off and won't stay running without holding the gas.
    I think the car might have been modded and tuned previously. Looking to compare files and see what's up with it.

Thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    here ya go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Any difference between 15-16

Advanced Tuner
    So I found a 16 tune (different than a 15 for sure) and the tune matched what was in the car. The fact that I could read that stock tune means the car was unlocked by HP already. So I'm guessing someone may have demodded the car and flashed it back to stock.
    The car has new o2s, that seem to be working fine and fresh plugs. Any ideas why it might be running so rich out of no where? Both banks are pulling 30%. Once the car warms up it doesn't want to stay ali

Advanced Tuner
    Oh my bad I thought the fueling air and spark was the same for both years.

You can read a locked pcm
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    Good to know. Anyway, looks like it turned out the "custom exhaust" that was installed on it was the biggest hack job I've ever seen. It was a series of autozone exhaust parts welded together with the worst welds I've ever seen. They had exhaust sealer over every weld. The pipes that needed to be bent were all flex pipes and the exhaust tips were completely past the valance. I'm guessing the exhaust was causing restriction and choking up the motor at idle. It was bad

Potential Tuner
    hello mate . I`m looking for 2016 charger RT stock tune as well . can you upload it if you dont mind?
    thanks