Thread: 13 Escalade P219A and P219B codes together

Tuner in Training

13 Escalade P219A and P219B codes together

OK been a few weeks since I swapped out cam and did the mechanical DOD delete.. Went back with AMS Racing DOD delete kit. New Stage 2 Comp cams with VVT, New valve springs and all gaskets. After getting the first tune and tweaking it some it Idles pretty good and drives down the road great. Out of the blue the check engine light comes on .. P219a and P219B... Wondering what I can adjust to combat this?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ME! View Post
    OK been a few weeks since I swapped out cam and did the mechanical DOD delete.. Went back with AMS Racing DOD delete kit. New Stage 2 Comp cams with VVT, New valve springs and all gaskets. After getting the first tune and tweaking it some it Idles pretty good and drives down the road great. Out of the blue the check engine light comes on .. P219a and P219B... Wondering what I can adjust to combat this?
    It's fine to disable both of those DTC's with your combo. Change both to No Error Reported.

Tuner in Training
    Good deal... Next problem is when coming to a stop it is "pushing" and down shifting harsh coming up to stop lights RPM is 800

Tuner in Training
    Here is the tune Im running right now 800 idle 021423.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ME! View Post
    Here is the tune Im running right now 800 idle 021423.hpt
    It could use some help in a few areas.
    1. You should be able to idle it down to 725-750 range to help with the pushing.
    2. The VVT tables would be better if you disabled the part throttle VVT, then enabled roughly 50% of its current commanded retard above 4200 rpm. Are you running a VVT limiter?
    3. It looks like some VVE tuning has been done, but doesn't look like it's a completed product. You'd be better off in MAF only mode until you get it dialed in.
    4. You can disable the Virtual Flex Fuel. It won't do anything but make it run worse.
    5. You may have to desensitize misfire detection just a bit with that cam.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    1. You should be able to idle it down to 725-750 range to help with the pushing.
    2. The VVT tables would be better if you disabled the part throttle VVT, then enabled roughly 50% of its current commanded retard above 4200 rpm. Are you running a VVT limiter?
    3. It looks like some VVE tuning has been done, but doesn't look like it's a completed product. You'd be better off in MAF only mode until you get it dialed in.
    4. You can disable the Virtual Flex Fuel. It won't do anything but make it run worse.
    Yes on the VVT limiter... My son bought the HP tuner and we have been playing with it ever since...

Tuner in Training
    What can be done about low end power .. This thing is a dog until like 4000

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    could you help me thru this ? I am new to the whole computer tuning. Cant find where to disable the VVT part throttle