Thread: help writing tune on my 21 mustang gt

Tuner in Training

help writing tune on my 21 mustang gt

Hello everyone,
    I am new to tuning on the gasoline side as well as the ford mustang platform. I have recently made a flex tune for my car. The flex fuel tab has been enabled and I made a few adjustments to timing, ethanol content etc... My problem is that after writing the calibration to the car, literally every light and service system notification is on on the dash. What am i doing wrong?? The first time I flashed the tune, the car turned over and almost sounded like it was firing the spark plug as the piston was going down as i heard the popping near the manifolds. I went back into my tune and corrected some ect vs spark tables. Rewrote the tune onto the car and bam, same exact issues with every light on on the dash and every service notification the car has on the dic message screen. Is there a separate section of tuning for parameters that i am missing ? I have verified the correct vin on the calibration as well as the operating system. I do have the mpvi 3 and I made sure I have my view set to advanced in the parameters section for tuning. Any help would be appreciated to help correct my mess up. The car runs right now as both times I have attempted to write this flex tune unsuccessfully I have just flashed the stock file back to the car. Ive attached the stock file and the flex file. Any isight would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This happened to me on my 19. Flash the original stock file back, delete the file you just flashed that caused this issue, make another copy of the original stock file and start over.

I think the files can break, really freaked me out because it was my first flash lol.

Tuner in Training
    junits15, thankyou for the quick reply. I am deleting that file as we speak and taking your advice and redoing my tables on the one of the stock files I have downloaded. This issue definitely freaked me out. I'm just glad i was able to get the stock file back on there. Got a little nervous.

That is good to hear! I cannot imagine the headache of having to fix that issue Without the original file.

I backed up my stock file in three places after that, can never loose it!
    Last edited by junits15; 02-18-2023 at 10:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Man I have a million thanks to you. Woke up first thing this morning and flashed the new file onto the car and everything works as it should. Thankyou very much junits15!!!