Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L31 swap Astro tune issues

Quote Originally Posted by VANIMAL View Post
    It does still work. Just cost more as you have to pay per vin number now instead of buying access for a time period
    It used to be free, completely open, no registration. Maybe we are talking about different things. This is (or used to be) a lookup of current and history calibration IDs and CVNs for a given VIN, not actual programming of modules. About a week ago it stopped working with a 'service unavailable' error message, it does not prompt for a login or redirect to a registration page.

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.566ccd17.1676749490.78929e6d
    When it worked:
    screenshot.28-08-2022 16.12.27.png
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 02-18-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your 4.3L file. I can compile you a file using a mix of segments both Astro and Express for you to flash into your PCM without using any credits. Should in theory fix your cluster as well.

Tuner in Training
    Just the Prndl doesn?t work. There is also a code for evap vent solenoid control with the stock express file. Which is weird as there are pinned the same on both vans. I can deal with that later.

As soon as I loose pulse on 7 you can?t get it back with any file you put in. Like it corrupts the whole computer.

This be why I need to start fresh and enlist some one who knows what they are doing (clearly the guy I have local does not) to take my stock van file and the v8 file and make all the things work

Advanced Tuner
    Just the Prndl doesn?t work. There is also a code for evap vent solenoid control with the stock express file. Which is weird as there are pinned the same on both vans. I can deal with that later.

As soon as I loose pulse on 7 you can?t get it back with any file you put in. Like it corrupts the whole computer.

This be why I need to start fresh and enlist some one who knows what they are doing (clearly the guy I have local does not) to take my stock van file and the v8 file and make all the things work
    Do you have HP Tuners yourself?
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 02-18-2023 at 01:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I do. I’m just not computer savvy to do the behind the scenes stuff and be confident. I fix cars for a living but never programmed computers

I will post the virgin file again along with the first pull from
    My van stock in a few. Maybe what you make with a write all will maker work

Advanced Tuner
    I do. I?m just not computer savvy to do the behind the scenes stuff and be confident. I fix cars for a living but never programmed computers

I will post the virgin file again along with the first pull from
    My van stock in a few. Maybe what you make with a write all will maker work
    That is my intent. I have a lot of experience putting segments together to make what I need work. My 97 Express runs a 2005 DBC P59 with a Mexican L31 calibration, a 4L85E and factory flex fuel. Should be a matter of getting a file that is not corrupted and writing the whole file into the PCM. "Write Entire". That will overwrite all the data in the PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Also meant to ask, is your van 2wd or AWD. Makes a difference on which transmission segment to use.

Advanced Tuner
    I found a 2002 Astro file and assembled one that should work. This one is 2wd.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    virgin is express
    stock is safari
    Attached Files Attached Files

It does still work. Just cost more as you have to pay per vin number now instead of buying access for a time period
    blindsquirrel is correct. Tis2web service is down. I have full TechLine Connect and you can't just look it up the way you could with Tis. Unless you can point me to the correct spot.
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 124642.png

The Opel version works with any GM VIN. It's a replica of the other one, just hosted on a server that isn't currently borked.

Tuner in Training
    Sport seems you are correct it is down.

Tuner in Training
    Also ……..fast4.7. It’s 2wd

Advanced Tuner
    Also ……..fast4.7. It’s 2wd
    See if you can open the file I posted above with your HP Tuners. Should be tied to your Vin and Serial number already. If you can open it, worth a try to "Write Entire" to the PCM and see if it runs on all 8. The Engine File should be an un-touched 5.7L Van the way I compiled this.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 02-18-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The Opel version works with any GM VIN. It's a replica of the other one, just hosted on a server that isn't currently borked.
    You are a tuner God.

Tuner in Training
    Fast I’ll try that later this eve. But in my past try’s I was never able to make the pcm right again unless i get it refreshed with Gm software

To confirm. Write all?

Advanced Tuner
    Fast I’ll try that later this eve. But in my past try’s I was never able to make the pcm right again unless i get it refreshed with Gm software

To confirm. Write all?
    Correct

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately I would need to licence that to use it.

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately I would need to licence that to use it.
    You could always open the file you have in Advanced view, open the file I sent you as a Compare file and copy over all the segments. You did download the Express/Astro hyrid file I posted. The 2nd one. I left your controllers VIN and Serial number in that file. So I am a bit surprised it is asking for a license.
    Last edited by Fast4.7; 02-18-2023 at 07:30 PM.